CHI-WEB Archives

CHI-WEB@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

"Polka, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:54:37 -0400
 In response:

1. The default focus should go on the first element the user will want -
or need - to access logically. In your case it seems to be the first
drop down. I'd put focus on the first drop down to allow them to easily
navigate and select from the search elements.

2. I can't see a reason to not allow the Enter key to submit the form
but perhaps I am missing something. Enter is, at least in my software
world, the key that activates the main screen function (usually a
Save/Commit/Search/Etc function).

There's my thoughts.

Thanks,

Ron Polka

User Interface Designer, EnterpriseRx Mail

412-472-8902 Tel