Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:41:08 +0000
From:
Burak Turhan <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Call for Participation:
RAISE  2013
2nd International NSF sponsored Workshop on Realizing Artificial
Intelligence Synergies in Software Engineering
May 25-26, 2013.  In Conjunction with ICSE’13
http://promisedata.org/raise/2013

Early Registration Deadline: April 14, 2013
http://2013.icse-conferences.org/content/registration

The RAISE workshops provide a platform for discussion of the synergies between AI and software engineering and also help to raise awareness of this work within the wider community. This year we have two exciting keynote talks by:

- Tao Xie (North Carolina State University, USA)
- John Clark (University of York, UK).

These will stimulate our discussions and will also help to ensure that the workshop will be memorable. We had a total of twenty two submissions, of which we accepted 7 state of the art position statements and 7 short over the horizon vision statements. This has resulted in a varied and inspiring programme indicative of the momentum which is behind the RAISE workshops.This year we are happy to announce that following the workshop there will be an open call for papers for a Special Issue of theAutomated Software Engineering journal. Authors of the best state of the art papers will be encouraged to submit an updated and extended version of their paper to this special issue.

We hope that RAISE 2013 will encourage other researchers to participate in this embryonic community. Your attendance at this workshop will shape the future research agenda, and we hope to see you all, together with any newcomers, in the workshops still to come!