The 5th IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education
December 18-20, 2013
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Conference Proceedings to be published by:
IEEE Computer Society
* July 25, 2013: Submission of all types of papers [Extended final deadline]
* August 31, 2013: Notification of paper acceptance
* September 30, 2013: Camera ready paper submission
* Conference dates: 18th-20th December 2013
We invite submission of papers reporting original academic or industrial research in the broad areas of Advanced Learning Technologies and Pedagogy for Technology Enhanced Learning. See conference website for specific topics of interest in these areas. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Complete papers are required for review. The expected types of submissions include:
* Experience Reports: experience reports describe research-based technological implementation for education, that worked well and is now recommended to others.
~ Full-length Experience Reports (6-8 pages): Full-length Experience Reports will contain detailed descriptions of research behind the implementation, development, evaluation or other applications. Work reported in Full-length Experience Reports must be original.
~ Short Experience Reports (3-4 pages): Short Experience Reports will contain brief reports of technologies developed, techniques used or results of research. Work reported in Short Experience Reports must be original.
* Research Studies: Research Studies present a careful study, with an appropriate use of methodology (e.g., case study, qualitative methods, quasi-experimental, experimental) to support the investigation and stated results. The methodology does not need to be quantitative; it does, however, need to be appropriate to support the claims made by the author.
~ Full-length Research Studies (6-8 pages): Full-length Research Studies will contain detailed description of the background research, details of methodology used, findings of the study, interpretation of the findings, and resulting recommendations for other researchers/practitioners. Work reported in Full-length Research Studies must be original.
~ Short Research Studies (3-4 pages): Short Research Studies will focus on small-scale research experiments, that may be extensions of authors previously validated research. However, the work reported in Short Research Studies must be original.
* Work-in-progress Papers (3-4 pages): Work-in-progress Papers contain original research frameworks, architectures and implementations, where initial results are available but full validation is not yet done. The originality of the work must be clearly visible.
* Reflection Papers (3-4 pages): Reflection papers are expected to present an argument - with rationale and justification - for a different approach or perspective on a solving a current educational problem through the use of emerghing technology or through innovative use of existing technology. The case must be clearly made how the argued approach is a novel one. The work presented in the Reflection Papers must not have been published (or submitted for publication) elsewhere.
* Workshop proposals
Workshops provide an introduction to a topic of immediate interest and usefulness to the community and devote significant time to hands-on activities by the attendees. Hands-on activities may include think-pair-share, group discussions, collaborative editing, and programming. Workshop proposers should use the template provided on the conference website to submit their proposals. Workshop proposals will be evaluated for relevance, anticipated interest, quality, and availability of appropriate facilities.
Please refer conference website: http://www.ask4research.info/t4e/2013/
* Steering Committee Chair:
Prof. Mangala Sunder Krishnan, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, India
* General Co-Chairs:
Prof. Anup K. Ray, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Prof. Srinivas Ramani, International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore, India
* Program Co-Chairs:
Prof. Sridhar Iyer, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
Prof. Kinshuk, Athabasca University, Canada
* Local Organizing Chair:
Prof. Bani Bhattacharya, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
* Workshop Chair
Prof. Sahana Murthy, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
* Industrial Liaison Chair
Prof. Deepak B. Phatak, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
* Institutional Liaison Chair
Prof. Sandhya Kode, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India
* Finance Chair
Prof. Shyamal Das Mandal, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
* Publicity Chair
Prof. Venkatesh Choppella, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India
* International Advisory Board [To be confirmed]
Shri. N. K. Sinha, National Mission on Education through ICT, Delhi, India
Prof. M. S. Vijay Kumar, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Prof. P. Venkat Rangan, Amrita University, Kerala, India
Prof. Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Prof. Demetrios G. Sampson, University of Piraeus, Greece
Prof. Kannan Moudgalya, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org