MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:23:28 +0200
8bit
Sender:
ACM SIGMM Interest List <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Remi Sharrock <[log in to unmask]>
[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

Call for Papers
We are eager to see you in Paris, France this year !

| MobiCASE 2013, nov. 7-8
| Paris, France
|
| 5th International Conference on
| Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services
|
| Full Paper Submission : 1st July 2013
| Notification to authors : 16th September 2013
|
| www.mobicase.org

MobiCASE, the International Conference on Mobile Computing,
Applications, and Services, is dedicated to cutting edge research on
mobile applications and services. In its 5th edition, MobiCASE has
become the premier scientific forum bringing together academic
researchers and industrial professionals to jointly advance research in
the area of Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services.

As in previous years, MobiCASE 2013 is scheduled to include high-quality
paper presentation sessions revealing the latest in mobile computing
research, to demo industry's most exciting mobile applications and
services, and to engage participants in hands-on projects and tutorials.

Visit www.mobicase.org and follow us to keep up to date:

http://www.facebook.com/MobiCASE | https://twitter.com/mobicase

| Topics

We seek novel submissions in mobile applications, services and mobile
systems research topics above the OSI transport layer with an emphasis
on complete end-to-end systems & their components. The conference will
be organized into two broad categories, with topics including, but not
limited to:

*************************************
* Mobile Applications
*************************************

Mobile pervasive applications such as...
- connected cars,
- healthcare/wellbeing/sports assistance,
- disaster management,
- enterprise solutions and multilingual support

Mobile sensing applications such as...
- indoor location
- activity and context recognition
- heterogeneous sensor fusion
- social sensing and reality mining

Mobile applications for social innovation such as...
- mHealth,
- mLearning,
- citizen media & improved livelihoods in
the western world & developing countries

Mobile social networking such as…
- crowd sourcing
- tweeting and other social network driven applications

Novel user experience & interfaces
- visualization techniques for mobile content
- augmented reality
- multimodal interaction
- wearable computing
- accessibility & safety issues
- user experience design

Personalization such as…
- behavior modeling
- behavior-aware
- location-aware and context-aware applications
- personal assistance with mobile devices

Mobile Recommendation such as...
- targeted advertising
- location or context based recommendation
- in-game marketing and proximity systems
- ecological awareness
- mass and organizational persuasion
- gamification

*************************************
* Mobile Services and Platforms
*************************************

Smartphone platforms such as
- Android, iOS, BlackBerry OS, Windows Phone, Bada
- supporting tools, libraries, & compilers

Mobile software engineering and management such as
- application lifecycle management
- adaptive and self-configuring applications
- middleware
- App stores and distribution models

Mobile cloud computing and Mobile Web such as...
- HTML5
- MobileAjax and others

Mobile payments and M2M infrastructure such as...
- mPayments
- mWallet
- couponing

Mobile Services and Infrastructures such as…
- novel hardware add-ons
- energy aware services or tools
- NFC-based services
- authentication services

| Submissions

All accepted papers will be contained in the conference proceedings
published in the LNICST series by Springer. Therefore submissions must
conform to the LNICST LaTeX stylesheets.

*************************************
* Full research papers
*************************************

Regular paper submissions must present original, highly innovative,
prospective and forward-looking research in one or more of the themes
given above. Full papers are limited to sixteen (16) single-column pages.

*************************************
* Work-in-progress papers
*************************************

We also encourage researchers and students to submit short
work-in-progress (WIP) papers. This submission format offers the
opportunity for presenting late-breaking research results, ongoing
research projects, and speculative or innovative work in progress. WIP
papers are limited to eight (8) single-column pages.

*************************************
* Industrial extended abstracts
*************************************

The industrial track complements the research paper track. It is
dedicated to new achievements and advances in practical mobile
applications and services. Open problems or challenges that arise from
an industrial context are also welcome. As fertilizer for open
innovation, it will foster the exchange of ideas, solutions, best
practices, and requirements between research and industry on recent and
ongoing work in mobile applications and service provisioning for mobile
users. We also encourage the participation from small development or
consulting companies and startups for their business development
opportunities. Industry abstracts are limited to four (4) single-column
pages

*************************************
* Posters and Demos
*************************************

MobiCASE seeks for live demonstrations that serve to disseminate
advanced technologies in mobile computing applications and services.
Posters and demos will be selected on the basis of technical merit,
novelty and relevance to the mobile computing community. The demo
session aims to showcase research prototypes at all stages of maturity,
and as such, we welcome demonstrations of both published and unpublished
work. The poster session will be an excellent venue for highlighting
early work on new and controversial mobile applications and end-to-end
systems. They will be presented in a special session during the
conference to allow presenters to interact with conference attendees and
gain feedback on their ongoing work. Both posters and demos are limited
to four (4) single-column pages.

| Publications

Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will
appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online
that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in the
ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL). LNICST volumes are submitted for
inclusion to leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar,
ACM Digital Library, ISI Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef,
Scopus. See LNCS - Information on Abstracting and Indexing for more
information about indexing.

MobiCASE requires that all papers describe novel, unpublished work not
currently under review elsewhere.

| Reviewing Process

All papers will be reviewed by an international program committee with
the appropriate expertise. MobiCASE 2013 aims to be selective and the
committee will favor a technically robust program. MobiCASE 2013 adopts
a double-blind process for submitted contributions. Authors' names and
their affiliations must not be revealed or mentioned anywhere in the
submission. At least two members of the Program Committee and a set of
external expert reviewers will review submitted papers. At a PC meeting,
the committee will select those papers, demos, and posters to be
presented at MobiCASE 2013.

| Commitee

STEERING COMMITEE

Martin Griss, Carnegie Mellon silicon Valley
Thomas Phan, Samsung R&D
Petros Zerfos, IBM Research

ORGANIZATION COMMITEE

General Chair
Gérard Memmi, Télécom ParisTech

Technical Program Chair
Ulf Blanke, ETH Zürich

Workshop Chair(s)
Pascal Urien, Télécom ParisTech

Industry Track Chair(s)
Bernard Odier, INRIA
Christian Martin, Institut Mines-Télécom, US

Poster and Demo Chair
Rémi Sharrock, Télécom ParisTech

Sponsorship Chair
Karine Gosse, CEA LIST

Publicity Chair(s)
Rémi Sharrock, Télécom ParisTech

Web Chair
Marko Borazio, TU Darmstadt

Local Arrangement Chair(s)
Christian Martin, Institut Mines-Télécom Silicon Valley
Erika Polini, European Alliance for Innovation

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITEE
Sasan Adibi Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Michael Beigl Teco, KIT
Oliver Brdiczka Palo Alto Research Center (PARC)
Licia Capra University College London
Ralf Carbon Fraunhofer IESE
Kate Farrahi Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
Hassan Ghasemzadeh UCLA
Jaap Ham University of Eidhoven
Amaç Herdağdelen Facebook Research
Steffen Hess Fraunhofer IESE
Paul Holleis DoComo Euro Labs
Jennifer L. Hong Stony Brook University
Karin Hummel ETH Zürich
Tam Huynh Deutsche Telekom
Sibren Isaacman Loyola University Maryland
Valérie Issarny INRIA
Fahim Kawsar Bell Laboratories
Holger Kenn Microsoft Research ATL Europe
Andrew Kun University of New Hampshire
Kai Kunze Osaka Prefecture University
Nic Lane Microsoft Research Asia
Paul Lukowicz DFKI
Kazuya Murao Kobe University
Helena Rodrigues Universidade do Minho
Jean-Baptiste Prost PoleStar
Samuel Tardieu Télécom ParisTech
Kristof van Laerhoven TU Darmstadt
Pablo Vidales Grupo National Provincial
Djamal Zeghlache Telecom SudParis

more to come...

Contact [log in to unmask] for further information.

More information on the website : www.mobicase.org
Rémi SHARROCK
www.remisharrock.fr

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]