MM-INTEREST Archives

ACM SIGMM Interest List

MM-INTEREST@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Shih-Fu Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shih-Fu Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 15:18:34 -0500
Dear SIGMMers,

I's like to encourage everyone to help nominate students to attend ACM's
celebration of 50 years of the Turing Award June 23-24, 2017. Deadline
is March 12, 2017.

ACM will celebrate 50 years of the ACM Turing Award on June 23-24 2017
in San Franciso (URL: www.acm.org/turing-award-50). Turing laureates
will join ACM award recipients and other ACM experts in panel
discussions exploring how computing has evolved and where the field is
headed. SIGMM contributes to sponsorship of this event and has been
given a chance to select 10 student scholarship to attend this event.

Each scholarship includes:

-  2 nights at the Westin St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco (Thursday,
Friday June 23-24, 2017)
-  And up to $900 to help offset the cost of travel/subsistence

SIGMM will accept nominations for this scholarship with the following
criteria.

- any student may be self-nominated if he/she is a SIGMM student member;
if they are not SIGMM student members, they can also be nominated by any
SIGMM professional member. Each SIGMM professional member can nominate
up to 2 students.

Please send nominations to Karin Weidner Mubanda <[log in to unmask]>
before March 12, 2017 by email. Please include the following information
in each nomination

1) Student Name
2) Email address of the student
3) US postal address of the student or equivalent address for
international student
4) SSN or equivalent of the student
5) (if self nomination) SIGMM student membership ID
6) (if nominated by professional member) nominator name, email address,
and nominator's  SIGMM membership ID
7) a (self)nomination letter summarizing qualifications of the student
and benefits of the proposed attendance (1-2 pages)

This is an exciting event for students of the multimedia community to
learn the exciting trends and insights from the leaders of the broad
community. We hope everyone can take advantage of this opportunity and
support our rising generation by submitting nominations. A small
committee will be convened to make the final selections.

Best regards

Shih-Fu Chang
Rainer Lienhart
Nicu Sebe