Sender:
From:
Robert Mack/Watson/IBM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:22:43 -0500
|              C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S         |
|    HYPERTEXT 2001 -                           |
|    THE TWELFTH ACM CONFERENCE ON HYPERTEXT AND HYPERMEDIA*:  |
|    TRANSFORMING INFORMATION, ENTERTAINMENT, AND CULTURE      |
|    HTTP://WWW.HT01.ORG/                            |
|    AUGUST 14-18, 2001                         |
|    UNIVERSITY OF AARHUS, =C5RHUS, DENMARK               |

HYPERTEXT 2001 - THE TWELFTH ACM CONFERENCE ON HYPERTEXT AND HYPERMEDIA

=46rom online documentation aboard aircraft carriers to distance
learning degree programs to interactive entertainment, hypertext and
hypermedia have already begun to transform our world. The foremost
international conference on hypertext and hypermedia, the
International Hypertext conferences have brought together scholars,
researchers, and practitioners from a diverse array of
disciplines-including computing, literature, law, art, medicine,
business, journalism, philosophy, psychology, and engineering-to
consider the form, role, and impact of hypertext and hypermedia.
Hypertext 2001 will continue to provide a forum where attendees can
exchange and discuss ideas on hypermedia, as well as its design and
use in a variety of domains, while also considering the
transformative power of hypermedia and its ability to potentially
alter the way we read, write, argue, work, exchange information, or
entertain ourselves.

Hypertext 2001 welcomes discussions from designers and users of
hypermedia applications and works in academia, business,
entertainment, and industry. Here attendees can discuss all aspects
of hypermedia, ranging from navigational aids, time, and
infrastructures to digital libraries, interactive literature, virtual
and augmented reality environments, gaming, human-computer
interaction, software engineering, computer-supported collaborative
work, and, of course, the World Wide Web. A particular focus of this
conference will be on papers dealing with experiences and evaluation
of hypertexts. Formats for presentation include papers, panels and
technical briefings, short papers and posters, demonstrations,
exhibits, courses, workshops, and a doctoral consortium.

Topics include but are not limited to:
o Interactive games and entertainment
o Effects of hypermedia on business or industry
o Experiences with the application of hypermedia
o Innovative hypertexts and novel uses of hypertext and hypermedia
o Web-based hypermedia drama
o Collaborative hypermedia technology and applications
o Hypermedia in virtual environments and augmented reality environments
o Hypermedia in fiction, scholarship, and technical writing
o Hypermedia in education and training
o Empirical studies and hypermedia evaluation
o Hypermedia and time: narratives and storyboarding
o Hypertext rhetoric and criticism
o Integration and open hypermedia architectures
o Large-scale distributed hypermedia
o Structuring hypermedia documents for reading and retrieval
o Theories, models, architectures, standards, and frameworks
o Hypermedia user interfaces
o Object-oriented hypermedia
o Hypermedia infrastructure technologies
o Hypermedia middleware and components
o Hypermedia authoring
o Hypermedia for the Internet

=46or information on previous conferences, see http://www.ht00.org and
http://www.acm.org/sigweb.

=46or submission details, please go to the conference website,
available at http://www.ht01.org/.

IMPORTANT DATES

=46ebruary 16th, 2001:   Papers, Panel and Technical Briefing proposals,
               Workshop proposals, Hypertext Readings and
               Tutorial proposals due
April 18th, 2001:   Notification of acceptance for Full Papers,
               Panels, Workshops, Hypertext Readings and Tutorials
May 10th, 2001:          Short Papers, Doctoral Consortium submissions;
               Poster proposals, Demonstration proposals, and
               Exhibit proposals due
May 31st, 2001:          Notification of acceptance for Short Papers,
Doctoral
               Consortium submissions, Posters, Demonstrations, and
               Exhibits; Final versions of accepted Full Papers due
June 15th, 2001:    Bernie submisions due
August 14-18, 2001: Hypertext 2001 Conference