Call for Participation: the 2nd Conversational Head Generation Challenge @ ACM Multimedia 2023
We are pleased to invite multimedia researchers to participate the 2nd "Conversational Head Generation Challenge," co-located with ACM Multimedia 2023.
About the Challenge:
Conversational head generation highlights both the talking and listening roles generation in an interactive face-to-face conversation. Generating vivid talking head video and proper responsive listening behavior are both essential for digital humans during face-to-face human-computer interaction. More details can be found via: https://vico.solutions/challenge/2023
This distinctive challenge is based on the newly extended ViCo dataset (https://vico.solutions/vico), composed with conversation videos between real humans. Our aim is to bring face-to-face interactive head video generation into a visual competition through this challenge. This year, two tracks will be hosted:
- Talking head video generation (audio-driven speaker video generation) conditioned on the identity and audio signals of the speaker.
- Responsive Listening Head Video Generation (video-driven listener video generation) conditioned on the identity of the listener and with real-time responses to the speaker's behaviors.
As a starting point for the participates, we also provide an open-source baseline method (https://github.com/dc3ea9f/vico_challenge_baseline) that includes audio/video-driven head generation, rendering, and scripts for 13 evaluation metrics.
- Dataset available for download (training set): March 27th.
- Challenge launch date: April 3rd.
- Paper submissions deadline: July 14th.
- Top submissions will have the opportunity to present their work at the workshop during ACM Multimedia 2023. We encourage all participating teams to submit a paper (up to 4 pages + up to 2 extra pages for references only) briefly describing their solution.
Find out more about the challenge:
- Challenge mainpage (including challenge registration, online evaluation results): https://vico.solutions/challenge/2023
- Challenge page at ACM MM 2023: https://www.acmmm2023.org/grand-challenges-2/
We believe this challenge would greatly benefit from your knowledge and expertise. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or require further information.
Contact: Yalong Bai, Mohan Zhou, Wei Zhang
[log in to unmask]
The organizing team
[log in to unmask]
If you don't already have a password for the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server, we recommend
that you create one now. A LISTSERV password is linked to your email
address and can be used to access the web interface and all the lists to
which you are subscribed on the LISTSERV.ACM.ORG server.
To create a password, visit:
Once you have created a password, you can log in and view or change your
subscription settings at: