Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email.
Please forward to your colleagues.
• Submission deadline extended to January 15, 2014 http://iccs2014.ivec.org/cfp.html
• Three options: full paper, poster presentation with a short paper & oral presentation without a paper (abstract only).
• Papers will be published in Elsevier open-access Procedia Computer Science and indexed by Scopus, ScienceDirect, Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation in Web of Science.
• Keynote<http://iccs2014.ivec.org/cfp.htmlKeynote> Lectures http://iccs2014.ivec.org/keynotes.html
• Accepted workshops: http://iccs2014.ivec.org/workshops.html
• Prof. Vassil Alexandrov, ICREA Research Professor in Computational Science, Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, Spain: Towards Scalable Mathematical Methods and Algorithms for Extreme Scale Computing.
• Prof. Louis Bettencourt, Santa Fe Institute, New Mexico, USA: A Science of Cities.
• Prof. Peter T. Cummings, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Vanderbilt University, USA: Automating Computational Materials Discovery through Model-Integrated Computing.
• Prof. John Mattick, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia: Scaling and compression of regulatory information in integrated complex systems: lessons from genomics.
• Prof. Bob Pressey, Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University, Australia: Computational science in conservation planning: potential and limitations.
• Prof. Mark Ragan, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Australia: Modelling cancer as a transcriptional landscape.
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts describing original, unpublished research and recent developments in Computational Science by January 15, 2014.
All accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science and indexed by Scopus, ScienceDirect, Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation (former ISI Proceedings) -an integrated index within Web of Science. The papers will contain linked references, XML versions and citable DOI numbers.
The theme in 2014 will be: Big Data meets Computational Science. The conference will be held in Cairns, Queensland, Australia from 10 – 12 June, 2014. See http://iccs2014.ivec.org<http://iccs2014.ivec.org/>
The ICCS conference is the prime annual event in Computational Science. This interdisciplinary conference on modelling and simulation of real-world phenomena will draw academic and industry leaders from all relevant fields. ICCS intends to provide a forum to disseminate world-leading research in the field of (scientific) Computational Science and in particular to highlight the role which modelling and simulation plays in future scientific discovery.
ICCS 2014 invites original contributions on all topics related to Computational Science, including, but not limited to:
* Advanced Computing Architectures and New Programming Models
* Advanced Numerical Algorithms
* Applications of Computation as a Scientific Paradigm
* Complex Systems: Modelling and Simulation
* Computational Humanities
* Computational Sociology
* Education in Computational Science
* Hybrid Computational Methods
* Large Scale Scientific Instruments
* New Algorithmic Approaches to Computational Kernels and Applications
* Parallel and Distributed Computing
* Problem Solving Environments
* Scientific Computing
* Visualization and Virtual Reality as Applied to Computational Science
* Web- and Grid-based Simulation and Computing
The submitted paper must be camera-ready and formatted according to the EasyChair template, not exceeding 10 pages. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
Papers must be based on unpublished original work and must be submitted to ICCS only.
After the conference, selected papers will be invited for a special issue of the Journal of Computational Science.
ICCS is an ERA 2010 A-ranked conference series.
* NEW Paper submission deadline: January 15, 2014
* Notification of acceptance: February 20, 2014
Conference Local Organizers: David Abramson, Valerie Maxville
Workshop Chair: Michael Lees
Publicity Chair: Valeria Krzhizhanovskaya
Scientific Co-chair: Jack Dongarra
Scientific Chair: Peter Sloot
To unsubscribe please send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following command in the
body of your email: SIGNOFF ICCS or UNSUBSCRIBE ICCS
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org