From:
"W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:20:49 -0500
>         Making learning fun and interesting is probably one of the better
> teaching techniques, and I would hope that professors consider this when
> developing and teaching courses.  But they should not compromise their
> students' education by diluting it with "fun."

And you don't have to make it dangerous to make it fun.  Just like you
don't have to make it false to make it simple.  When I taught electronics,
I use to have to fight other instructors on that one.  They would give the
students theoretical models that made it easy to figure out the answers to
elementary questions, but which had to be unlearned to avoid wrong answers
(and confusion) when learning more advanced topics.