Sender:
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 12:32:55 +0000
From:
ACM SIGCHI <[log in to unmask]>
*CHI 2014 - One of a CHInd*
April 26 - May 1 <x-apple-data-detectors://2> - Toronto, Canada
http://chi2014.acm.org/

The ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems is the
premier international conference on human-computer interaction. CHI 2014 is
a celebration of the conference's one of a kind diversity; from the broad
range of backgrounds of its attendees, to the diverse spectrum of
communities and fields which the conference and its research have an impact
on.

*PROGRAM*

The early program is now online at http://chi2014.acm.org/program/  we're
still working on the late content, but here are some highlights of the
early program:

- New at CHI this year - One of a CHInd courses from Ron Baeker, Bill
Buxton, Judith Donath, Don Norman & Jenny Preece

- 382 Papers and 83 Notes have been accepted for presentation (out of 2043
submitted, ~23% acceptance rate)

- We have 9 Case Studies, 8 Panels, 33 Workshops, 30 Courses, 12 SIGs and
28 ToCHI papers being presented

- A special emphasis will be put on the 241 accepted Work in Progress

- We're in the process of announcing more than 60 interactivity
demonstrations, and 45 student competition presentations -- stay tuned for
more

- New at CHI this year - Provoking congregational talks each morning to
inspire and energise attendees at the start of the day

- A fascinating exhibition charting the development of wearable technology

*Our keynote speakers:*

- Opening Keynote: Margaret Atwood, giant of modern literature
- Closing Keynote: Scott Jenson, "a battle scarred veteran of the software
industry" now with Google- We will soon be announcing the talks from 3
SIGCHI award winners

EARLY BIRD DEADLINE - 14 March, 2014 <x-apple-data-detectors://5>

Registration for CHI 2014 is now open.
http://chi2014.acm.org/attending/registration

Why register now?

   --  Save money -- registration is substantially cheaper by the early
deadline
   --  Get the courses you want -- the most popular courses always fill,
get your seats now!
   --  Start planning your trip now!

There are additional discounts for ACM Members and students.

*OFFICIAL CHI 2014 HOTELS*

Your stay helps SIGCHI meet our obligation to the hotel, allowing us to
keep registration rates low.

In order to obtain the special conference rate attendees must make hotel
reservations through the official housing bureau for CHI 2014. This site
offers one-stop reservations for CHI attendees and accepts reservations
online or by fax. Utilizing the housing bureau also allows us to keep our
conference costs low and continue to offer room blocks for our attendees.

http://chi2014.acm.org/attending/housing-and-accommodation

We look forward to seeing you at CHI 2014! Attend. Be Changed. Change the
World!

Matt Jones and Philippe Palanque
General Chairs
CHI 2014