Sender:
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:07:31 -0500
From:
Peter Brusilovsky <[log in to unmask]>
University of Pittsburgh's School of Information Sciences invites candidates to apply to Ph.D. Program in Information Science.

** Apply now: http://bit.ly/1GQ7CJZ
** Learn more: http://bit.ly/1wCTpgC
** Application deadline: January 15, 2015

The University of Pittsburgh is home to one of the top-ranked institutions in Information Sciences in the United States. The School of Information Sciences (iSchool) has a rich history of training information professionals for careers in research, teaching and industry.

Students admitted to one of our PhD programs can expect to receive multiple years of full scholarship or funding in the form of research and teaching assistantships. Our generous package includes a full tuition waiver, full medical coverage and a competitive yearly stipend.

We ensure that each student receives abundant intellectual guidance from faculty and gains the experience necessary to prepare him or her for future research careers. Our graduates hold tenure-track positions at leading universities and are leaders in industry and government domains because of the many opportunities available to them during their doctoral studies. These opportunities include research or industry internships, expected participation in international workshops and conferences, and collaboration with cross-disciplinary, cross-institutional, cutting-edge research teams.

Students can select specialized areas of research, including:
* Adaptive Web Systems
* Big Data
* Database Management
* Data Visualization
* Decision Support Systems
* Geoinformatics
* Human Robot Interaction
* Information Security and Privacy
* Intelligent Web Information Access
* Learning Technology
* Machine Learning
* Network Science
* Spatial Informatics
* Social Computing
* Wireless Information Systems
For more details about research, visit: http://www.ischool.pitt.edu/research/

University of Pittsburgh is ranked 42th in the world by U.S. News & World Report (http://bit.ly/1zV4RGr). It also recognizes Pitt's iSchool as one of the top 10 information schools in the nation (http://bit.ly/175XPD5).

Visit our website for more information on the admissions process (http://bit.ly/1zg2fxE). Consider liking our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ischoolpitt) to see what student life is like at the iSchool or follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ischool_pitt) to keep up with important research news and deadlines.
The University of Pittsburgh is located in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh – a vibrant area home to several universities, public parks, restaurants, libraries and museums all within walking distance! To learn more about what Pittsburgh has to offer, visit Pitt’s Cool Pittsburgh website (http://www.coolpgh.pitt.edu/).

=== Contact ===
If you have any questions about doctoral programs at the iSchool, please contact:

Shabana Reza ([log in to unmask])
Enrollment Manager
1-800-672-9435