T4E 2016 CALL FOR PAPERS
T4E (Technology for Education) is an annual IEEE international conference on advanced learning technologies and pedagogies for technology-enhanced learning. T4E 2016, will be held at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, Mumbai, India from December 2-4, 2016. This is the eighth in a series of annual events.
We invite papers from students, teachers and researchers in academia and industry to present the results of their R&D efforts in education through the use of technology.
T4E 2016 will be co-located with the 24th International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE 2016) organized by the Asia-Pacific Society of Computers in Education, which will be held from Nov. 30 - Dec 2, 2016 at IIT Bombay. There will be an overlap of one day (Dec 2) between the two conferences.
AREAS OF FOCUS
The areas of focus are categorized into the following themes in the domain intersecting technology and education.
Theme 1: Pedagogical Strategies and Interventions for Technology-Enhanced Learning
* Adaptive and personalized approaches for improvement of education
* Assessment and evaluation models for technology-enhanced learning
* Case studies of blending e-content into classrooms and labs
* Role of cognition in technology-enhanced learning
* Curriculum design for technology-enhanced learning
* Impact of social networks on learning
* Innovative use of ICT for content development and classroom use
* Pan-domain thinking skills
* Pedagogical design of technology enhanced learning environments
* Pedagogies for remote learning, e-learning, and blended learning
Theme 2: Technologies to Improve Access to Education
* Bridging urban-rural gap in education
* e-learning in vernacular languages
* Growth and impact of the Open Educational Resources movement
* Massively open online learning
* Socioeconomic factors affecting the impact of technology in education
Theme 3: Development of Technologies to Support Education
* Game-based learning/serious games
* Hand held device-based learning
* Infrastructure for large scale deployment of e-learning
* Learning analytics (tool development)
* Semantic web technologies in education
* Smart learning environments
* Techniques and standards for learning resources
* Technology-based learning environments
* Virtual and augmented reality
Papers may be submitted in the following formats: Research Studies, Experience Reports, Industry Research track, and PhD Symposium track. Accepted papers in any of these formats will appear in the conference proceedings. Papers submitted in any of these formats must report original academic or industrial research.
Round 1 submissions (For Research Papers and Experience Reports only):
Submission deadline Round 1: March 26, 2016
Review results notification: April 16, 2016
Round 2 submissions (For Research Papers, Experience Reports, Industry Track papers, PhD Symposium papers, and Workshop Proposals):
Submission deadline Round 2: July 1, 2016
Review results notification: September 10, 2016
T4E 2016 Conference dates: December 2-4, 2016
Students, both are encouraged to submit papers for the conference. A limited number of grants from IEEE and other sources are expected to be available for students whose papers are selected. Students both from India and other countries are eligible to apply for these grants, whose goal is to cover part of the expenses. Details of student grants will be available later.
T4E2016 is supported by IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology www.ieeetclt.org/ .
T4E 2016 is organized at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay www.iitb.ac.in, by the Inter-Disciplinary Program in Educational Technology www.et.iitb.ac.in.
[log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org