(Apologies for cross-posting)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Eighth European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL 2014)
17-21 September, 2014
- Discounts for Hotel and Flights http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=662
- Conference program available http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=688
- 4 confirmed Keynotes
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL) is a unique opportunity for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers to address current challenges and advances in Technology Enhanced Learning. Through EC-TEL, established and emerging researchers as well as practitioners, entrepreneurs, and technology developers explore new collaborations, strengthen networks, and compliment their core experience. The theme of EC-TEL 2014 is "Open Learning and Teaching in Educational Communities".
As the EC-TEL is collocated with I-Know 2014 this year, we can offer conference participants to attend 4 exciting keynote presentations:
- 17.09.2014 Etienne Wenger on ‘Open Learning and Teaching’
- 18.09.2014 Viktor Mayer-Schönberger on ‘Big Data’ (I-Know Keynoter)
- 19.09.2014 Uli Weinberg on ‘Design Thinking’ (I-Know Keynoter)
- 19.09.2014 Bernardo Huberman ‘Big Data and the Attention Economy’
PROGRAM - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=688
EC-TEL 2014 has been very competitive: We have received 165 valid submissions, out of which 28 were accepted as full papers, 17 as short papers, 16 as demos and 34 as posters.
- Learning Design
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Learning at the Workplace
- TEl at School
- Learning Design
- Engineering & Evaluation of TEL Applications
- Lecture enrichment & Cooperative Learning
- Mobile & Workplace Learning
- Recommender Systems
- Learning Analytics & Assessment
DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=678
EC-TEL 2014 will also feature a doctoral consortium to offer PhD students a forum for fruitful discussion with experts and peers.
INDUSTRY TRACK - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=689
Innovations in technology enhanced learning (TEL) have made their way from research to products and services of industry. This session gives you examples of innovations that are now provided to the market. It explains how customers are using the products and how usage context contributes to successful learning. Industry representatives will not only share their success stories but also discuss with TEL researchers what questions are still open and how research could contribute to answer them. This includes how to make TEL the right solution for more target groups of learners, increase learning effectiveness and joy of use. The session is also a good place to learn about TEL industry, build contacts and discuss ideas for joint research projects.
CO-LOCATED WORKSHOPS - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php/workshops
-Learning Analytics Data Sharing – Workshop on Feasibility and Roadmap Development<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#LADS>
- SoMoLearn: Empowering Teachers as Designers of Learning Experiences Utilising Social-Mobile Technologies<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#Somolearn>
- Smart City Learning: Opportunities and Challenges<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#c1277>
- 3rd Workshop on Creative Mobile Learning and Teaching (#CMLT14)<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#CMLT14>
- Learning Analytics in and for Serious Games<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#lasg>
- 5th Workshop on Motivational and Affective Aspects in Technology Enhanced Learning (MATEL)<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#matel>
- 4th Workshop on Awareness and Reflection in Technology-Enhanced Learning (ARTEL 2014)<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#ARTEL>
- Learning through Video Creation and Sharing<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#ltvcs>
- Can MOOCs save Europe’s unemployed youth?<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#MOOCs>
- Supporting Innovation in Technology Enhanced Learning<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#HOTEL>
- Tutorial Competence and Activity Tracking for Formative Assessment in Today’s Class Rooms<http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=682#tut>
REGISTRATION - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=686
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION - http://www.ec-tel.eu/index.php?id=662
Graz – the second largest city in Austria with 260.000 inhabitants – offers ideal conditions for academic conferences in beautiful countryside. Guests are always enthusiastic about the picturesque Old Town, the attractive cultural program, the quality and diversity of the cuisine and the excellent infrastructure of the conference venues.
EC-TEL 2014 will take place at stadthalle|graz which is Austria's largest and most modern convention center. It was designed by the internationally renown architect Klaus Kada.
Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Open Universiteit sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending. Aan de inhoud van deze e-mail en/of eventueel toegevoegde bijlagen kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Open Universiteit rules out any and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission. No rights may be derived from the contents of this message.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org