From:
Tuomas Husu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuomas Husu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 09:24:28 +0300
NordiCHI'14 tutorial from Reaktor: UI design in Agile projects
(Call for participation)

Tl;dr summary:
What: UI design in Agile projects tutorial
Where: NordiCHI'14 conference, Helsinki
When: Sun 26 Oct
Why: http://reaktor.fi/blog/tutorial-nordichi14-join-us-in-october/

Join us in October! On Sunday, October 26th, a team of reaktorian UI designers will give a hands-on design tutorial in NordiCHI’14 (http://nordichi2014.org/). The tutorial is about user interface design in agile projects: read more at http://nordichi.reaktor.fi/.

Topics to be covered (among others):
* How can I communicate my design to the developers?
* How do I ensure that my well-designed UI is implemented the way I meant it to be?
* How can I support the people implementing my designs?
* How can I (as a designer) be a part of an agile team?
* What challenges are there with design in agile projects?
* How do I integrate my work into an iteration cycle of days or 1-2 weeks?
* How do I avoid being regarded as someone doing just doing BDUFs (Big Design Up Front)?

The early bird registration to NordiCHI’14 is open until Thursday 18th September, so be quick and get your ticket now at http://nordichi2014.org/attending/registration/!

Welcome to the tutorial!

--
Tuomas Husu