Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:17:42 +0100
Apologies for cross-posting.

Dear members of the CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS mailing list,

please allow me to draw your attention to the special session on Advanced Crowdsourcing for Speech Data and Beyond to be held at upcoming INTERSPEECH, Dresden, Germany.

Crowdsourcing and its advanced application has become an important and fast-growing area of interest to the INTERSPEECH community. In this Special Session, we will foster research and knowledge exchange on:

•       Data collection, evaluation, realistic speech capture in the field
•       Crowd-empowered speech/ or speaker recognition
•       Linguistic or paralinguistic processing of social signals or speech gestures
•       Novel application paradigms, e.g. mobile crowdsourcing, multi-party crowdsourcing collaboration,
•       Expert knowledge inclusion, advanced quality control, motivation steering
•       Position papers and ethical-, privacy or security-related contributions

To support active research and knowledge exchange on these topics, we have secured funds from three crowdsourcing providers, namely MicroWorkers (Dallas, USA), CrowdFlower (San Francisco, USA), and Crowdee (Berlin, Germany), each of which providing funds up to $1000, depending on originality of your paper proposal.

For more information visit http://interspeech2015.org/events/special-sessions/advanced-crowdsourcing-for-speech-and-beyond/
Please feel free to direct any questions regarding the special session also to me directly.

Finally, many thanks for also forwarding this CfP to potentially interested colleagues!

All the best from Berlin,

Tim Polzehl

Dr. Tim Polzehl
Quality and Usability Lab