From:
Kyle Montague <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Montague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:25:02 +0100
October 20-22, 2014, Rochester, NY, USA

Call for papers

The ASSETS conference explores the design, evaluation, and use of computing and information technologies to benefit people with disabilities and older adults. ASSETS is the premier forum for presenting innovative research on mainstream and specialized assistive technologies, accessible computing, and assistive applications of computer, network, and information technologies. This includes the use of technology by and in support of:

Individuals with hearing, sight and other sensory impairments
Individuals with motor impairments
Individuals with memory, learning and cognitive impairments
Individuals with multiple impairments
Older adults with diverse capabilities
Professionals who work with these populations
All contributions are peer-reviewed by an international Program Committee. Accepted papers, posters and demonstrations will be archived in the ACM digital library. All authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to a special issue of the ACM Transactions on Accessible Computing (TACCESS).

Technical Paper Submission Deadline: May 9th, 2014.

Submission site: https://www.softconf.com/f/assets2014/

Captioning Challenge

To prepare for possible capture of sessions at future ASSETS conferences for later use, we want to explore approaches to captioning recordings of sessions. Because this is an active area of research for a number of groups in the ASSETS community, we invite participants for a challenge to be held at ASSETS 2014 in which teams will use their technology to caption one or more of the sessions. Our aim is to promote research that will make it possible for ASSETS, and other organizations, to create captions of good quality at very low cost. To encourage participation, we intend to keep the terms of the competition flexible, and we invite input from prospective entrants in defining such aspects of the effort as the form of capture of the session(s), and the measures to be used in evaluating the results.

If you are interested in participating, please contact the Captioning Challenge Chair, Raja Kushalnalgar, at [log in to unmask]