From:
Brigitte Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brigitte Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:15:01 -0800
At 05:27 PM 3/1/99 , Charlie Nichols wrote:
<snip>
>        I offer: If a site is large enough, (meaning users can spend a
>significant amount of time in it, using the replacement heuristic) then a
>clear, consistent, understandable replacement is worth considering.

but why would you want the user to have to learn a new method? you have one that they already know, and you're forcing them to take the time (granted it may only be a few seconds) to learn a new method.

it seems to me, that it would be simpler for them to use the one they already know, the one that was implemented on the site they came from and on the site they're going to next.

brig

brigitte eaton
some type of web/ui/information architect/designer
http://www.eatonweb.com

"If you were inclined to lose your mind,
you could stay on the Internet all day."
-- New Yorker Editor in Chief David Remnick