From:
Hal Hart - Tri-Ada'97 Treasurer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 02:24:15 -0400
I have received the 5-week ahead pre-registration numbers from Rod
Abraham, as well has the past three years' numbers for every week out
from 5-weeks-ahead to 1-week-ahead, and Tri-Ada'97 is running STRONGER
than the past two years: 67 people have registered for TA97 as of
Oct.3, compared to 55, 47, & 73 five weeks ahead for TA96, TA95, &
TA94, respectively.

While I had been fearful of the effect from the changed DoD policy on
attendance numbers in our budgeting assumptions and this early data is
certainly encouraging, the next two weeks will be even more telling.
In each of the past 3 years, the number registered 4 weeks ahead has
been more than double 5 weeks ahead, and the number 3 weeks ahead has
been approx. QUADRUPLE 5 weeks ahead.  So, if we see pre-registration
double in the next week and then double again the following week, we
know we'll Tri-Ada'97 will be a big winner from every perspective!
Even anticipating a slower-than-usual acceleration in registration
from this date forward this year, I am feeling a lot more optimistic
than any time recently.

Tell all your friends that neither Ada nor Tri-Ada is dead!  In fact,
quite the opposite.  "See ya under the Arch" Nov. 9-13!!  -- Hal