From:
Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 07:28:43 -0400
15th Edition (April 1998) of the Walnut Creek Ada CDROM is Out

Another Walnut Creek Ada CDROM has just come out (this is the 15th
Edition, a special edition for the 10th DoD Software Technology
Conference that is coming up on 19 April).  This also is a collection
of educational resources, including the GNAT and Aonix Ada95
compilers, the Lovelace and Ada_Tutr interactive tutorials,
over 80 sets of courseware, hypertext versions of the Ada95 Reference
Manual and Rationale, and so on.  This CDROM is a 2-disc set that
is packed with material (about 1.3G bytes), and its material is
available (in a larger version ... 2.4G bytes) in the PAL at
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/pal.html or
http://www.cdrom.com/pub/ada/pal.html (these are the two main
PAL sites).

This Ada CDROM employs both the ISO-9660 format with Rock Ridge
extensions and the Joliet Filesystem as well as Windows 95/NT
autoload.  The ISO-9660 format makes it readable on over 30
different platforms, including PCs, Macs, UNIX platforms, etc.
The Rock Ridge extensions support long file names on these
platforms IF the CDROM drivers recognize Rock Ridge.  The
Joliet Filesystem supports long file names on Windows 95/NT
platforms.  The Windows 95/NT autoload causes the CDROM intro/
instructions to come up automatically when the CDROM is loaded.
All of these formats/features are enabled transparently, so
the user enjoys their benefits without having to know how to
invoke them.

If you are attending the Software Technology Conference, you will
receive a copy of this CDROM as a part of your conference materials
(compliments of the Defense Information Systems Agency).  If you
want to buy a copy, you can order it from Walnut Creek CDROM
(see their web site at http://www.cdrom.com/ or phone 800/786-9907).
Be sure to get the current version (the 15th Edition, dated April
1998).

For those of you in the Monmouth University area, this CDROM will
soon be available at a discount through the Monmouth University
bookstore (the bookstore is currently carrying the November 1997
edition).  I'll also be speaking at the next Jersey Shore SIGAda
meeting and will have a few complimentary copies to give away.

DISCLAIMER: I am the editor of this CDROM and receive no income from
its sale (so, I feel I can freely promote it).

Rick
--
Richard Conn
mailto:[log in to unmask]                     http://monmouth.com/~conn/