From:
James Clawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Clawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:44:24 -0500
Call for Papers - CHI 2015 Workshop
Mobile Collocated Interactions: From Smartphones to Wearables
http://www.funkydesignspaces.com/mobile_collocated/ <http://www.funkydesignspaces.com/mobile_collocated/>

Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets were originally conceived and have traditionally been utilized for individual use. Research on mobile collocated interactions has been looking at situations in which collocated users engage in collaborative activities using their mobile devices. However, computers are getting smaller, more powerful, and closer to our bodies. Therefore, mobile collocated interactions research will inevitably include ever-smaller computers, ones that can be worn on our wrists (e.g., Apple Watch) or other parts of the body (e.g., Google Glass).

The focus of this one-day workshop, collocated with CHI 2015 in Seoul, is to bring together a community of researchers, designers and practitioners to explore the potential of extending mobile collocated interactions to the use of wearable devices.

Workshop Goals
=============

- Identify key opportunities for mobile collocated interactions with wearable devices.
- Investigate how devices will be bound together.
- Consider more intimate or personal ways for interaction.
- Explore interaction paradigms that can be (re-) appropriated for such interactions.
- Examine adequate ways of prototyping and evaluating such systems.

Submission
=========

Potential participants should submit a 3-4 page position paper in the CHI Extended Abstracts Format describing their interest and/or previous work related to the workshop topic, which should be emailed to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. We will select papers based on relevance, quality, and diversity. We will limit the size of the workshop to 15-18 people to ensure effective participation.The results of the workshop will be summarized and published on the workshop’s website.

Registration
=========

At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop and all workshop participants must register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the main conference.

Important Dates

January 5, 2015: Submission Deadline
February 13, 2015: Notification of Acceptance
April 18 or 19, 2015: Workshop

Organizers
========

Andrés Lucero, James Clawson, Kent Lyons, Joel Fischer, Daniel Ashbrook, Simon Robinson

Questions?
========
For further information, please visit http://www.funkydesignspaces.com/mobile_collocated/ <http://www.funkydesignspaces.com/mobile_collocated/> or write to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>.