Sender:
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:19:06 +0100
From:
Jm Seigneur <[log in to unmask]>
Dear all,

The* Student Design Competition for Augmented Human 2015 in Singapore* is
still accepting submissions until *January 31st!*

If you've been working on the perfect altered reality project and want to
showcase your work and compete against other teams then this Student Design
Competition is for you! Please see the submission details below. We are
also offering a *registration waiver to 1 team member from every team*, as
well as the ability to apply for additional travel funding. We look forward
to your submission!

AH ' 15 Student Design Competition

http://asg.sutd.edu.sg/ah2015/cfp#designcompetition
Important Dates

   - Jan 31, 2015 - Student Design Competition Deadline
   - Feb 5, 2015 - Student Design Competition Notification

Theme: Altered Reality

*Description*

With the advent of on-body sensors and ubiquitous computing systems,
technology can be used to enhance our capabilities and augment our
perception to create highly customizable, personal feedback loops of our
surroundings. The world as we know it is no more. Now imagine the world as
we don't know it. Defy our notion of the physical by using the digital! We
invite you to create augmented systems that challenge our perception of our
existing reality. What happens as our reality becomes skewed? How will  we
react? What if your friend's forehead becomes a display? Could this enable
human-human interaction? Could we broadcast our mood and create wearable
social networks? What if we could create our own theme songs using your
emotional state. You are only limited by your own creativity! Now go
augment!

*Timeline*

   1. Make a team!
   2. Imagine an AH device based on this competition's theme. You can
   design (or redesign) an everyday object, a wearable form of technology, a
   toy, a gaming system, etc. The project can be for the elderly, for
   yourself, for your favorite pet, for a child, for an artist, or more! The
   possibilities are endless!
   3. Submit your AH device idea by *Jan 31th, 2015*.
      - Project Name
      - Project Detail (100-200 words)
      - Sketch (optional but strongly encouraged / maximum 3 file / jpg or
      pdf)
      - Video (optional but strongly encouraged/ maximum 3 min. / mov, mp4,
      avi, or youtube, vimeo, etc...)
   4. The top 15 creative teams will be selected by the jury on Feb 05, 2015
   5. Create a working prototype based on your idea before the conference.
   6. Bring your prototype, and Demo at the conference (March 9-11, 2015).
   7. Get the prize! (March 11, 2015)

*Eligibility *The team should consist of students of all levels (over 18
years old).

*Team Size *1-5 person.

*Team Composition* The participant can make a team from different schools.
But the participant cannot belong to two or more teams.

*Awards *We prepare two types of Awards (Jury's select and people's choice)
with glittering prizes!

*Registration *If your idea is selected by the jury, at least one person
must register for the conference and attend the conference for demo

*Registration Waiver *A registration waiver will be provided for at least
one SDC team member to attend the conference.

*Travel Award* We will be providing partial financial assistance for travel
support on a case by case basis. Please email the SDC chairs:
[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] with an itemized list of
requested funding.

*Submission Form *
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OTMAvrwHN2Os2c9T26Z93bZgV9RQ_6iF2JoinEZLXpo/viewform

*Deadline *Jan 31, 2015.