From:
Fröhlich Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fröhlich Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:59:57 +0000
[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

We are pleased to announce the following workshop offered in conjunction
with the 11th international conference on Persuasive Technologies (PT16)

| Persuasive Technologies 2016 Workshop on:                            |
| Where are we bound for? Persuasion in Transport Applications         |
| Salzburg, Austria; Tuesday, April 5th, 2016                          |
| colocated with Persuasive Technologies (http://persuasive2016.org)   |
| Workshop website: http://www.pervasive.jku.at/Persuasive16/          |
| Submission deadline (extended): Sunday, February 7, 2016             |

-----------------------------| ORGANIZERS |-----------------------------
Andreas Riener, Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Myounghoon Jeon, Michigan Technological University, USA
Peter Fröhlich, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Vienna, Austria
Alexander Meschtscherjakov, HCI Center, University Salzburg, Austria

------------------| IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE WORKSHOP |------------------
* Submission deadline (extended): Sunday, February 7, 2016
* Notification of acceptance: February 14, 2016
* Camera ready version due: February 26, 2016
* (Early) registration deadline (conference): February 26, 2016
* Workshop date: April 5th, 2016

Please feel free to contact the organizers at any time.

---------| OBJECTIVES: Persuasion in Transport Applications |-----------
The aim of this  workshop  is to bring  together people with interest in
Persuasion and/or Automotive  research and to discuss, share  knowledge,
and take  away insights, strategies, and  tips of how to  use persuasive
technology to improve the driver-vehicle interaction loop.

---------------------------| WORKSHOP THEMES |--------------------------
Potential  topics to be  discussed at the  workshop include, but are not
limited to:

I. Theories and Models

* Theories and  models in  Psychological, Cognitive,  Affective Sciences
about 1) motives, rewards, incentives, reinforcements  and 2) behavior
modification
* Theories and models in Affective Computing
* Theories and models in Positive Design/Technology/Computing
* Direction: Persuasion for long-term vs. short-term behavior adaptation
* Ethical issues: What is the direction of persuasion, who decides it?..
* Trust: persuasive technology or manipulative technology

II. Modalities and Strategies

* Speech-based dialogue between driver and car
* Implicit/subliminal/unobtrusive/ambient driver-car communication
* Multimodal interactions (visual, auditory, haptic, gestures, etc.)
* Reminder and preventive strategies
* Gamification of behavior modification technologies

III. Applications in Vehicle Environments

* Intelligent  Means  of Transportation: Promote fuel  effcient driving,
Detect and  prevent or mitigate a) fatigue  driving, b) emotional dri-
ving, c) use of mobile phone while driving
* Social Cars: Provide  collective  knowledge about  driving  skills and
traffic pattern, Promote car pooling, etc.
* Autonomous Cars: Persuade  the driver  ased on  social networks (other
people's  opinion), rather than  a  car,  Expand the  driver's  social
abilities  by  initiating a contact with other real people, by using a
car, Persuasive technology to support the transition between different
levels of  control in  partial  automation, Application  of persuasive
technology (serious games) to establish  cooperative self organization
(i. e., lessen selfish behavior)

----------------------------| PARTICIPATION |---------------------------
Persuasive Technologies 2016 will offer (for the first time) free access
to workshops. We also allow participants with  registration for the main
conference to join our workshop.

The selection of workshop participants will be done by a review process.
To guarantee fair decisions, experts from the field of  persuasive tech-
nology and/or driving research will serve as reviewers. Submissions need
not to be anonymous. Final decisions of  accepting or  rejecting a paper
will be made by  the  organizers  of the  workshop  based on the  review
scores and with respect to  offering all workshop participants an inter-
esting, diversified program.

-----------------------------| SUBMISSIONS |----------------------------
Submissions  for the workshop are  required to adhere to the same format
as the main conference (Springer LNCS, max. 6 pp.). We invite interested
authors to submit  papers describing a crisp,  self-contained problem in
the field of the workshop (position papers). Successful submissions will
have the  potential to raise  discussion,  illustrate  problems, provide
insights, or provide potential solutions.

Submissions should be made electronically not later than February 7, '16
and must be sent by Email to <[log in to unmask]>. Please  feel  free
to contact the organizers at any time.

Submissions need not to be  anonymous.  However,  reviews  will  be done
anonymously using an evaluation form. Each paper will  receive  at least
two reviews. All accepted papers  will  be published  online  before the
beginning of the workshop.

--------------------------| WEBSITE & CONTACT |-------------------------
Workshop website: <http://www.pervasive.jku.at/Persuasive16>
Contact: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

For more details see the workshop website

DR. PETER FRÖHLICH
Senior Scientist
Innovation Systems Department
Business Unit Technology Experience

AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Giefinggasse 2 | 1210 Vienna | Austria
T +43 50550-4510 | M +43 664 88390710 | F +43 50550-4599
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | http://www.ait.ac.at<http://www.ait.ac.at/>

FN: 115980 i HG Wien  |  UID: ATU14703506
www.ait.ac.at/Email-Disclaimer<http://www.ait.ac.at/Email-Disclaimer>