From:
Shailey Minocha <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shailey Minocha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:58:48 +0100
(sent on behalf of my colleague: Duncan Reed, contact details are given below)

Dear all:

For my dissertation related to the role of social media in natural disasters, I am investigating how useful social media is during natural disasters, how its usefulness can be improved, and what the effects are when the infrastructure is unavailable. So if you have been recently affected, or know someone that has (you can forward the URL below) then please click the link below and complete the questionnaire.

I am looking for three types of participants:

1. People directly affected e.g. Victims
2. People indirectly affected e.g. Friends and Family of victims
3. People working for, or volunteering for, relief organisations or governments*
* in both an ‘on the ground’ and backend IT capacity

The data presented will be anonymised. The research project and materials have been approved by the Ethics Committee of The Open University, UK.

The URL for the Survey is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NaturalDisasterSurvey

Should you not wish to fill up the questionnaire but are happy to be interviewed, then please write to me. My email address is <[log in to unmask]>

Please feel to contact me if you have any queries.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Duncan