From:
John Vines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Vines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:19:57 +0000
Hi all,

We are currently looking for applicants for a range of doctoral studentships across HCI, UbiComp and related fields based in the Digital Interaction Group at Newcastle University (Culture Lab). 11 of these are for our new Digital Civics programme, for which we are looking for our second cohort of students. So, if you’re interested in doing a PhD in a dynamic and collaborative research environment (or know someone who does) then please do get in touch through the links below.

16 Doctoral Training Studentships in Human-Computer Interaction, Ubiquitous Computing and Digital Civics

Newcastle University, UK

http://di.ncl.ac.uk

We have 16 fully funded 4-year doctoral studentships in the Digital Interaction Group of the School of Computing Science (commencing September 2015) and are seeking applicants with an interest in undertaking a PhD in human-computer interaction (interaction design, media computing and interaction techniques and technologies) and ubiquitous computing (computational behaviour analysis, wearable computing, pervasive sensing and machine learning).

All doctoral students will benefit from an annual stipend of between £13,863-£15,000 a year for 4 years, will be provided with their own personal computer/laptop, and receive additional funding for research costs and local, national and international travel to attend conferences and participate in industrial and academic exchanges.

For more information about the Digital Interaction Group, please see: http://di.ncl.ac.uk

All applicants must first complete an inquiry form after which an informal discussion with potential supervisors will be arranged: http://di.ncl.ac.uk/phd-enquiry-form/

Closing date for informal enquiries: 2nd March 2015

Closing date for applications: 20th March 2015