From:
Cosmin Munteanu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cosmin Munteanu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2015 23:16:30 -0500
Call for Multimodal Grand Challenges Proposals
at the
ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI 2015)
Seattle, WA, USA

http://icmi.acm.org/2015/index.php?id=cfc

** Proposal submissions due: February 21st, 2015
** Notifications: March 1st, 2015
** Conference: November 9-13, 2015

The International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI) is the
premier international forum for multidisciplinary research on multimodal
human-human and human-computer interaction, interfaces, and system
development. Developing systems that can robustly understand human-human
communication or respond to human input requires identifying the best
algorithms and their failure modes. In fields such as computer vision,
speech recognition, and computational linguistics for example, the
availability of datasets and common tasks have led to great progress. We
invite the ICMI community to collectively define and tackle the
scientific Grand Challenges in our domain for the next 5 years.
Multimodal Grand Challenges are driven by ideas that are bold,
innovative, and inclusive. They should inspire new ideas in the ICMI
community and create momentum for future collaborative work. Analysis,
synthesis, and interactive tasks are all possible. An important change
from previous years is that all Grand Challenge participants will give a
poster/demo presentation during the main portion of the conference.
Additionally, all Grand Challenge papers will be evaluated by ICMI
participants in order to determine the recipient(s) of the overall Best
Grand Challenge Paper Award.

We are seeking organizers to propose and run Grand Challenge events.
Both academic and corporate organizers are welcome. We are looking for
up to three types of challenges in any of the following categories:

* Dataset-driven challenge.
* User case challenge.
* Concept challenge.
* Design Challenges.

We are also soliciting proposals that align with the theme of the
conference, Multimodal interaction on mobile/wearable devices & large
displays, such as:

* Mobile interaction challenge.
* Multimodal Interaction with large displays challenge.

For more proposal submission details, please see:
http://icmi.acm.org/2015/index.php?id=cfc

or contact

The ICMI 2015 Multimodal Grand Challenge Chairs,
Cosmin Munteanu ([log in to unmask]) and Marcelo Worsley

Dr. Cosmin Munteanu
   Assistant Professor
     Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology,
University of Toronto Mississauga
   Associate Director
     Technologies for Aging Gracefully Lab, Department of Computer
Science, University of Toronto

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 905-569-4294 (ICCIT), 416-978-3778 (TAGlab)
Web: http://cosmin.taglab.ca

CCT Building Rm. 3067
University of Toronto Mississauga
3359 Mississauga Road