From:
Benjamin Kille <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Kille <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 10:33:13 +0000
APOLOGIES FOR MULTIPLE POSTINGS
=== CALL FOR PARTICIPATION ===
CLEF NewsREEL 2015

Have you ever wondered how well your recommender would perform on actual users? Now you have the chance to find out. Join our living lab dedicated to news recommendation. We hook you up with real users whose reactions will tell whether your recommender performs well or does not.

You can register via http://clef2015-labs-registration.dei.unipd.it
(check the boxed labeled "NewsREEL")

We prepared tutorials to ease your start. We offer two tasks:

Task 1: News Recommendation Living Lab (OPEN RECOMMENDATION PLATFORM - http://orp.plista.com)
Task 2: News Recommendation Benchmarking with a large data set

IMPORTANT DATES

Working Note submission: 15 Jun 2015
Task 2 result submission: 17 May 2015

We scheduled four time frames which will be used to determine the best performances for Task 1:
---------------
24 Feb - 02 Mar
17 Mar - 23 Mar
07 Apr - 13 Apr
05 May - 02 Jun
---------------
You will receive detailed information about the evaluation procedure upon registration. Additional information is available on http://www.clef-newsreel.org

Organising committee:
- Frank Hopfgartner, University of Glasgow
- Torben Brodt, plista GmbH
- Benjamin Kille, Berlin Institute of Technology (T1)
- Jonas Seiler, plista GmbH (T1)
- Balász Hidasi, Budapest University of Technology (T1)
- Andreas Lommatzsch, Berlin Institute of Technology (T2)
- Roberto Turrin, Moviri (T2)
- Martha Larson, TU Delft (T2)

Steering committee:
- Paolo Cremonesi, Politechnico di Milano
- Hideo Joho, University of Tsukuba
- Joemon M. Jose, University of Glasgow
- Udo Kruschwitz, University of Essex
- Jimmy Lin, University of Maryland
- Vivien Petras, Humboldt University
- Domonkos Tikk, Gravity R&D and Óbuda University