Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:48:03 +0100
Sender:
From:
Teresa Macchia <[log in to unmask]>
Dear all,

if you are looking for an unusual and exceptional designing experience you
might be interested in this workshop:

*Exploring Theater of the Oppressed for Participatory Design *

 16 August at the Participatory Design Conference in Aarhus, DK.
“Being a citizen is not living in society, it is changing it.” (Augusto
Boal)
We propose a full-day session as an occasion for practising and
experiencing several Theatre of the Oppressed techniques as original probes
for stepping into Public Design.  The first half of the day will be focused
on an interactive presentation of the techniques, while the second will be
devoted to practising them as possible Public Design probes.

*Anyone,* who is interested or is looking for a different level of design
experience can participate in this workshop.

*To participate*, we ask interested people to write a message, a public
expression of interest, in our blog. No longer than 150 words here:
http://www.experientialdesigning.wordpress.com (after having shared your
post with us please remember to register in here:
https://auws.au.dk/forms/frm1Arrangement.aspx?value=636027121519938006&id=28745
)

*The outcomes *
We will propose a special issue in an International peer review journal.
However, according to participants, we could prepare a live performance to
present at the end of the conference.

*Organizers*
Teresa Macchia, University of Trento
Vincenzo D'Andrea, University of Trento