From:
Michael Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 10:39:34 -0500
Topic 1: Ads

The Team Ada list is currently set up as unmoderated and unrestricted in
who may post. We have mostly been spared from spam - the listserver is
able to detect when a message is sent to multiple lists and filter it
out as probable spam. However, clever spammers can still get mail
through somehow.

We have the option of restricting posting to list subscribers only. We
voted a while back and decided not to do so at that time. If the spam
becomes intolerable, we may need to revisit the issue.

Topic 2: Bounce notices from cc:Mail

These have been occurring since late last week. The server reporting the
bounce is supposed to send this notice to the list administrator (me),
not the entire list. I will remove the offending account so that no
future bounces are generated.

When you see bounce messages like this one distributed to the list,
please send me a quick note ([log in to unmask]). I get several of
these daily, and don't often recognize when one is distributed to the
list instead of coming directly to me.

Mike