Sender:
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2015 00:14:48 +1000
From:
Florian 'Floyd' Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Friendly reminder for all CHI attendees to bring their jogging gear:
--
Dear CHI attendees,

We are again organizing a Special Interest Group (SIG) at CHI'15 in Seoul:
"Understanding Sports-HCI by Going Jogging at CHI".

In keeping with this fun theme, we will be jogging around the conference
venue while we discuss interactive technology and sports. We invite you to
bring your running gear with you (and any jogging apps, sportswatches, your
own prototype, ...) and we meet on

Wednesday, 22 Apr, 16:30

in front of room 318A (where you can leave your bags) and jog from there.
So bring your runners, either get changed at your hotel during the break
before or use the toilets next to the room, we'll leave the conference
venue at approx. 16:15 for a run around the venue outside.
We have done this twice in the past and everyone involved seemed to have
enjoyed this "alternative" format of a SIG while getting some exercise at
CHI.

We'll be running for approx. 30min and we have plans to accommodate those
who want to jog slower/faster/further/not that long etc. All jogging levels
will be catered for!

Abstract:
More and more technologies are emerging that aim to support sports
activities, for example there are jogging apps, cycling computers and
quadcopters for sportspeople to videorecord their actions. These new
technologies appear to become more and more popular, yet interaction design
knowledge how to support the associated exertion experiences is still
limited. In order to bring practitioners and academics interested in
sports-HCI together and examine the topic “in the wild”, we propose to go
outside and jog around the CHI venue while using and discussing some of
these new technologies. The goal is to investigate and shape the future of
the field of sports-HCI.

Paper:
http://exertiongameslab.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/understanding_sportsHCI_chi2015.pdf

Looking forward to this,
Floyd, Rohit, Joe, Jakob & Stina

 --
http://exertiongameslab.org

--
Our interactive skateboarding system on TV:
http://exertiongameslab.org/copy-paste-skate-on-tv