Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 20:37:28 +0200
From:
Matthias Kranz <[log in to unmask]>
[apologies if you receive multiple copies]

UbiComp2007 Call for Papers
---------------------------
This is a reminder on the approaching deadlines for for UbiComp 2007.
http://www.ubicomp2007.org/

Important Dates
---------------
June 1, 2007 - Late Breaking Results paper
http://www.ubicomp2007.org/calls/lbr/

June 15, 2007 - Video media and abstract
http://www.ubicomp2007.org/calls/videos/

June 16, 2007 - Demo proposal
http://www.ubicomp2007.org/calls/demos/

June 1, 2007 - June 15 - Workshop paper
http://www.ubicomp2007.org/program/workshops/

Workshops
---------
Workshops provide an opportunity to discuss and explore specific areas of
ubiquitous computing research with a group of interested researchers and
practitioners. The goal of the workshops is to share understandings and
experiences, to foster research communities, to learn from each other and
to envision future directions.

The workshops will be held on Sunday September 16th, prior to the main
conference and will be located at the University of Innsbruck.

Please visit http://www.ubicomp2007.org/program/workshops/ for more
information on the workshops.

Late-Breaking Results
---------------------
Late-Breaking Results track (i.e. Posters)
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 15 June 2007

The Late Breaking Results category provides researchers with an
opportunity to present their bleeding-edge work in an interactive
fashion in front of an expert audience, without impacting the
possibility of publishing as a full paper at a later date. Late
Breaking Results will be presented in three forms: as a poster at the
conference poster reception, at the "1-minute madness" session
preceding the reception, and as an extended abstract distributed to
the attendees. We encourage the submission of preliminary or
exploratory work, smaller projects or results not suitable for a full
paper, and any other research that would excite discussion and benefit
from this open forum.

Please visit http://www.ubicomp2007.org/calls/lbr/ for more information.

Videos
------
June 15, 2007 - Video media and abstract

Videos are increasingly becoming an integral part of the UbiComp conference
series: they offer the chance to showcase emerging technologies, prototype
systems, and new approaches to using ubiquitous computing. Videos are
especially useful for illustrating complex systems and new interactions with
systems in special environments that would not easily be presented as
demonstrations at the conference.

We encourage submission of videos both as new material and as supplementals
to paper submissions (e.g., in order to illustrate particular aspects of a
system). As with other submission categories, video submissions should not
have been previously presented in any other formal video program.

Please visit http://www.ubicomp2007.org/calls/videos/ for more information.

Demos
-----
June 16, 2007 - Demo proposal

The Ubicomp conferences Demonstrations Program offers an excellent way to
showcase tangible results of ubiquitous computing research and development
to over 500 attendees from academia and industry. A successful demo
communicates ideas and concepts in a powerful way that a regular presentation
cannot. We invite you to contribute your vision of the ubicomp experience to
the Demonstrations Program at the UbiComp 2007 conference. We particularly
encourage demonstrations that include participation by conference attendees
and provoke discussion about issues within the field of ubiquitous computing.

The demonstration abstract will be published in the Conference Supplement
that will have its own ISBN number and be distributed physically and be
available electronically afterwards.

We seek proposals for demonstrations of ubiquitous computing technologies
across the full milieu of everyday life: office, home, street, park, train,
automobile, bedroom, bathroom, work, play, desktop, handheld, worn, public,
private, community, individual, shared, and personal. We welcome a wide
range of submission from scenarios involving innovative solutions of focused
tasks as well as playful pursuits.

Please visit http://www.ubicomp2007.org/calls/demos/ for more information.