Sender:
From:
"Shneiderman, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:51:24 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

  We are organizing a one-day workshop on

       Personal Photo Libraries: Innovative Designs
             June 1, 2000,  10 am to 4 pm
          University of Maryland, College Park
         http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/soh/w3.shtml

  Users of digital cameras or scanned photos are generating hundreds of
images on their hard drives and finding favorite photos has become a
problem.  Our workshop will address strategies for organizing, annotating,
searching, and presenting personal photos.  We will also cover exhibition
strategies, storytelling, reminiscing, and emotional engagement.

  Want to participate?  Contact [log in to unmask] with an email stating
your interest and what you would present at the workshop.  We will limit the
number of participants to about 15. Priority goes to active researchers and
developers.

  To know more about our work: Visit our PhotoFinder project page
http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/photolib/

  If you cannot attend, please send us your papers, links to your work, or a
short videotape so we can present them to the group.

   We hope you will also join us for the main event, the Symposium and Open
House June 2nd. http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/soh/

   -- Ben Shneiderman and Catherine Plaisant
      Human-Computer Interaction Lab, Univ of Maryland