Sender:
From:
Jonathan Arnowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:36:55 +0200
ACM/SIGCHI shows their new commitment to good design both
professionally and internally with the recent unveiling of the new
SIGCHI conference booth.  The test of this commitment was launching
the booth at SIGGRAPH2001.

The booth was a smashing success attracting more people than ever to
the SIGCHI booth at SIGGRAPH.  Infact the organization was a bit
unprepared as the three volunteers who attended SIGGRAPH: Jared
Braiterman, Elizabeth Dykstra-Erickson and myself were overwhelmed
with attention.  We also ran out of give aways (Design Expo CDROM,
CHI2002 luggage tags, etc.) after the first day.  To keep people
coming to the booth, we started taping lollipops to the SIGCHI
brochures, and they went like hotcakes, even at the giveaway-mecca of
SIGGRAPH.

If you want to see a full photo-story I threw together the
CHI@SIGGRAPH web page at:
http://chi.arnowitz.net/