CLEF 2015: Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum
Experimental IR meets Multilinguality, Multimodality and Interaction
September 8-11, 2015, Toulouse, France
- Sunday April 12, 2015 (long papers)
- Sunday May 17 (short papers)
CALL FOR PAPERS
The CLEF Conference addresses all aspects of Information Access in any
modality and language. The conference is teamed up with a series of
workshops presenting the results of lab-based comparative evaluation.
CLEF 2015 is the 6th year of the CLEF Conference and the 16th year of
the CLEF initiative as a forum for IR Evaluation. The CLEF conference
has a clear focus on experimental IR as done at the evaluation forums
(CLEF Labs, TREC, NTCIR, FIRE, MediaEval, RomIP, SemEval, TAC, …) with
special attention to the challenges of multimodality, multilinguality,
and interactive search. We invite submissions on significant new
insights demonstrated on the resulting IR test collections, on analysis
of IR test collections and evaluation measures, as well as on concrete
proposals to push the boundaries of the Cranfield/TREC/CLEF paradigm.
All submissions to the CLEF main conference will be reviewed on the
basis of relevance, originality, importance, and clarity. CLEF welcomes
papers that describe rigorous hypothesis testing regardless of whether
the results are positive or negative. Methods are expected to be written
so that they are reproducible by others, and the logic of the research
design is clearly described in the paper. The conference proceedings
will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Relevant topics for the CLEF 2015 Conference include but are not limited to:
- Information Access in any language or modality: Information retrieval,
image retrieval, question answering, search interfaces and design,
- Analytics for Information Retrieval: theoretical and practical results
in the analytics field that are specifically targeted for information
access data analysis.
- Evaluation Initiatives: Conclusions, lessons learned, impact and
projection of any evaluation initiative after completing their cycle.
- Evaluation: methodologies, metrics, statistical and analytical tools,
component based, user groups and use cases, ground-truth creation,
impact of multilingual/multicultural/multimodal differences, etc.
- Technology Transfer: Economic impact/sustainability of information
access approaches, deployment and exploitation of systems, use cases, etc.
- Interactive Information Retrieval Evaluation: the interactive
evaluation of IR systems using user-centered methods, evaluation of
novel search interfaces, novel interactive evaluation methods,
simulation of interaction, etc.
- Specific Application Domains: Information access and its evaluation in
application domains such as cultural heritage, digital libraries, social
media, expert search, health information, legal documents, patents,
news, books, plants, etc.
Authors are invited to submit electronically original papers, which have
not been published and are not under consideration elsewhere, using the
LNCS proceedings format:
Two types of papers are solicited:
- Long papers: 12 pages max. Aimed to report complete research works.
- Short papers: 6 pages max. Position papers, new evaluation proposals,
developments and applications, etc.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the program
committee. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and
technical quality. Papers should be submitted in PDF format to the
- Submission of Long Papers: April 12, 2015
- Submission of Short Papers: May 17, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: June 15, 2015
- Camera Ready Copy due: June 30, 2015
- Conference: September 8-11, 2015
- Josiane Mothe, IRIT, University of Toulouse, France
- Jacques Savoy, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Jaap Kamps, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Karen Pinel-Sauvagnat, IRIT, University of Toulouse, France
- Gareth Jones, Dublin City University (DCU), Ireland
- Eric SanJuan, University of Avignon, France
- Linda Cappellato, University of Padua, Italy
- Nicola Ferro, University of Padua, Italy
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org