From:
Margot Brereton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margot Brereton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 11:05:22 +0000
Dear Colleagues,
The Computer Human Interaction (CHI) discipline at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia is  seeking applicants for a continuing academic position at the Lecturer Level B. This is an early career entry level academic position, equivalent to Assistant Professor. The position is part of QUTs ECARD early career academic recruitment and development scheme.

In addition we are seeking applicants for a 3 year postdoctoral fellow position under the Vice-Chancellor's Research Fellowship scheme.

The Computer Human Interaction discipline at QUT is located within the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. We comprise 9 academics,  4 post doctoral fellows and approximately 40 PhD students. We are a nice interdisciplinary mix of design, psych/social science and software engineering. We research and teach in the nexus of Interaction Design/E-science/Games. Our discipline offers a collaborative and supportive environment for an early career academic who wishes to excel in a stimulating environment.

QUT consistently ranks in the top 10 universities in Australia, which is a noteworthy because it is one of the newer universities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queensland_University_of_Technology

We welcome applicants with expertise in areas relating to  Computer Human Interaction,  E-science, Software Engineering,  Games and Play, Participatory Design, Design Anthropology, CSCW, Interaction Design, Ethnographic Research,. There is an emerging interest in research in the domains of environment and health.

Further details about the ECARD early career academic position can be found at
https://qut.nga.net.au/publicfiles/qut/jobs/8bb5d606-3c31-4166-8577-a49c00baf711/15238%20Science%20and%20Engineering%20Faculty.pdf

The Vice-Chancellor's Research Fellowship scheme offers fixed term 3 year postdoctoral research fellow appointments in several target areas.  The CHI Discipline would like to encourage applicants in the areas of
* Medical Robotics
* Digital Productivity
* Design and Health

http://www2.qut.edu.au/jobs/ecard/docs/VCRFGuidelines2015.pdf

To find out more about CHI at QUT please visit our website:

https://www.qut.edu.au/science-engineering/our-schools/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science-school/computer-human-interaction

Please contact me if you wish to discuss the early career academic (ECARD) or postdoctoral research fellow (VCRF) positions.

The ECARD and VCRF positions are listed on our QUT Jobs page at http://www.qut.edu.au/jobs/ with a closing date of 29 June 2015.

Best wishes,

Margot

Margot Brereton PhD | Professor | Discipline Leader Computer-Human Interaction
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Science and Engineering Faculty | Queensland University of Technology
S Block 1003 2 George St. GPO Box 2434, Brisbane QLD 4001 Australia
Ph +61 402 263 567 | Fax +61 7 3138 1516  Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>