Sender:
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2016 08:08:01 -0800
From:
Michael Filimowicz <[log in to unmask]>
We are seeking multi-disciplinary contributions on sound and msuic in relation to the moving image. We are particularly interested in new ideas of sound design for games and virtual worlds.

Media thinkers, film scholars, ludomusicologists, game designers, art historians, performance theorists, composers, installation artists, filmmakers, sound practitioners, multimedia semioticians, philosophers of perception –– we invite these and others to submit proposals for 20 minute panel presentations.

All accepted abstracts will be considered for inclusion in the CINESONIKA issue of The Soundtrack academic journal if expanded into papers and submitted for peer review (1000-3000 words for short articles, 5000-6000 words for long papers). Articles should be formatted according to the Intellect Style Guide, which can be downloaded here.

Cinesonika 5 Keynote Speaker
Rick Altman

Conference Theme Exploring the Dark Corners: what areas have yet to be fully researched or rendered?

Submit an Abstract:
Please write "Cinesonika 5 Abstract" in the subject heading.
Deadline for Abstracts (under 500 words): June 1, 2016.

Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis, so earlier submissions will result in earlier notifications. Please submit your abstract and short bio both as an attachment (.doc or .pdf) and also pasted into the body of your email submission to [log in to unmask]

Venue:
The CINESONIKA 5 festival, conference and workshops will be held Sept 30th-Oct 2nd 2016 at Ball State University, Muncie Indiana, USA