From:
Joseph Konstan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Konstan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:10:05 -0500
Hi all!

I'm delighted to announce that you can now find Michael Ekstrand's and my
introductory Coursera course on recommender systems available on-demand
(take whenever you like, no fixed schedule).

This course can be found at:
https://www.coursera.org/learn/recommender-systems

The course format is new, and programming assignments are no longer in the
main course (they will be in a supplemental "lab course" we hope to launch
in the fall).  What is here is the full range of lectures and
hand/spreadsheet exercises covering algorithms (from non-personalized
through content- and collaborative algorithms) and metrics.

Feel free to invite students to use this course as part of teaching them
recommender systems (in your own courses, or separately as a form of
self-study)!

And if you're wondering what happened in the first course, we have a paper
on that coming out in the next month or two in ACM Trans. on Computer-Human
Interaction.

Hope you find it useful!!

--
Joseph A. Konstan
Distinguished McKnight Professor and Distinguished University Teaching