Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:11:47 +0200
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Eva Hornecker <[log in to unmask]>
International students interested in joining our master in HCI (M.Sc.) can apply up to July 15th to start studies in the next winter-semester

The international, English-taught 2-year HCI master's degree program in Weimar has 2 main pillars:
- study of current topics within HCI, covering 1) usability, user-centred design and user interface testing and research, and 2) innovative interface technologies such as VR, mobile and adaptive systems, mixed reality, ubiquitous computing and graphic interfaces.
- a project-based study approach, where groups of students work independently on larger research-oriented topics in various dedicated research labs (2 projects are a required part of the M.Sc. and are, in sum, worth 1/4th of the total credits)

Besides of the compulsory modules, the 2 research projects, and the master theses, there is a large module for electives that can be taken from anywhere within the University. Students are especially encouraged to take courses from creative and design-oriented programs, such as product design, visual communication, media arts and design, or architecture.

The emphasis on project-based education is a unique characteristic of all study programs at BUW, and is inspired by the tradition of the Bauhaus, which was first founded in Weimar. We are furthermore the only University in Germany that has both Arts/Design and technology courses and faculty, all within one University and campus.

Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in a Computer Science related program and need solid programming skills. Excellent students from other technical areas may be considered, but need to have completed at least half of their classes in CS-related subjects.

You can find further information about our program, its contents, curriculum, and application requiremens and procedure on
http://www.uni-weimar.hci

We look forward to your applications and to seeing you in Weimar!

best regards

please direct questions to: