From:
Joke Kort <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joke Kort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2015 17:50:03 +0100
[Apologies of cross and multiple postings]

CSCW2016 workshop: Where did my Office go? Is it in the Cloud!? – Workshop
on Spatial and Social Connectedness in Virtual and Mediated Work
Environments

http://cscw2016.usage.nl

In conjunction with the 19th ACM conference on Computer-Supported
Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW2016)

San Francisco, CA, US, February 27th – March 2nd, 2016

Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite you to submit a position paper and participate in the
CSCW2016 workshop: Where did my Office go? Is it in the Cloud!? – Workshop
on Spatial and Social Connectedness in Virtual and Mediated Work
Environments, held in conjunction with the 19th ACM conference on
Computer-Supported Work and Social Computing (CSCW2016). Please find our
Call for Participation below.

We hope to meet you in San Francisco.

Best regards,

Charlie Gullström, Joke Kort

Workshop organizers

*Call for Papers*

The physical workplace – a hub for communication, collaboration and
co-located interaction – can no longer be taken for granted. Today, the
design of intelligent interactive media, physical products and ubiquitous
environments has passed the phase of being technology-driven. Meaning,
insight and experience are now the key design drivers for the bridging of
digital and physical design. We foresee how new interconnected knowledge
systems – objects/devices, buildings and even cities created from web-based
services and IoT – thoroughly transform CSCW. A wide spectrum of services
already invites users to seamlessly move between real and virtual
workspaces, using a range of previously separated media channels. This
interdisciplinary workshop welcomes researchers and practitioners to a
day-long exchange targeting User eXperience (UX) and, specifically, the
relationship between social and spatial connectedness in mediated and
virtual work environments. Examples from ongoing research and developments
informs a discussion on how the borders between the virtual and real become
increasingly obsolete.

*Paper submission*

The workshop will take place at CSCW2016 on Saturday, February 27th, 2016.

Submissions are limited to a maximum length of 4 pages (references
excluded) and must adhere to the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format (2016).

Important dates:

Submission deadline: December 20th, 2015 (00:00 CET)

Author notification: January 7th, 2015

For more information on this workshop go to: http://cscw2016.usage.nl