Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2016 09:42:37 -0200
7bit
Sender:
From:
Simone DJ Barbosa <[log in to unmask]>
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - CHI 2016 Special Interest Group meetings (SIG
meetings)

San Jose, CA, USA, May 7-12

https://chi2016.acm.org/wp/sig-meetings/
---------------------------------
Submission deadline: 13 January 2016, noon PST

Special Interest Groups (SIGs) enable conference attendees sharing a
common interest to meet informally for 80 minutes of facilitated
discussion during a scheduled session at the conference. SIGs offer
excellent opportunities for dialog and deliberation on a specific topic.
The conference provides each SIG with meeting space and advertises SIG
meetings to the rest of the conference in the Extended Abstracts and
Conference Program.

Organizing a SIG is a great way to start or extend your involvement in
the CHI conference program. Several SIGs have evolved into other
successful contribution types at subsequent conferences (e.g., workshops
and panels). In addition to interesting and novel SIG topics, we also
encourage creative approaches to conducting the SIG itself.

Preparing and Submitting your Special Interest Groups Proposal
SIG submissions must be submitted via the PCS Submission System by 13
January 2016, noon PST. The proposal must have the following two
components (submitted as a single PDF file):

1) Extended Abstract. A 4-page description of the SIG, suitable for
publication in the Extended Abstracts Format
2) Supplementary Material (also mandatory):
- a brief description of the community (or communities) to which this
SIG would be of interest and why it is of interest
- assumed attendee background
- the approach you will use for organizing and presenting the SIG
- an informal schedule of discussion topics
- your plan to attract a reasonable number of attendees
- which organizer should serve as the primary contact.

While not strictly required, we prefer that proposals be authored by a
minimum of two individuals representing at least two different
organizations. We also encourage prospective SIG organizers to examine
examples of accepted SIG abstracts from recent CHI conferences,
available for download from the ACM Digital Library.

If you have any doubts regarding SIGs, we welcome you to contact us
before submitting your proposal to discuss your ideas for innovative and
attractive SIGs!

SIG meetings chairs
Simone Barbosa, PUC-Rio, Brazil
Regina Bernhaupt, Ruwido