We apologize for any cross-postings.
Call for Participation
The Mobile Museum - Supporting Indoor and Outdoor Experiences at UbiComp 2016
Heidelberg, Germany? # September 12-16, 2016
Submissions due: June 7th, 2016
The workshop encourages submissions that present case studies, challenges and solutions related to the design, development and evaluation of mobile applications for museums and cultural heritage that work effectively indoors, outdoors and across both contexts.
We welcome submissions from research centres, universities, museums, cultural organizations and companies working on mobile technology solutions for or in collaboration with museums and other cultural institutions.
Interested workshop participants are invited to submit a paper (6 pages in length, SIGCHI Extended Abstract format) on the topic of the workshop. We are keen to see stimulating and previously unpublished ideas that present exciting challenges, propose new research directions or could generate lively debate at the workshop.
Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
* Experiences with mobile devices in museums, such as smartphones and tablets;
* Experiences with wearable devices and headsets for museums;
* Mobile AR and VR applications for museums;
* Mobile applications that connect indoor and outdoor spaces;
* Development of museum narratives around indoor and outdoor exhibits;
* Design of interactive systems to guide visitors amongst indoor and outdoor exhibits;
* Localization systems that bridge indoor and outdoor contexts;
* Tracking systems that bridge indoor and outdoor contexts;
* Influence of ambient lighting and other contextual factors on the usability and effectiveness of mobile systems indoors and outdoors.
All contributions must be up to 6 pages in the SIGCHI Extended Abstract format. Have a look at the SIGCHI format for Word<http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sigchi.org%2Fpublications%2Fchipubform%2Fsigchi-extended-abstracts-format-2016%2Fview&t=NWUxMWY3ZTJkOGNiOGMzZjYxZmRmOGQwYzA0ZWYzMDc4N2Q2ZDVlOSw1eFk3a1dWbg%3D%3D> andLaTex<http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fsigchi&t=OTAxZWRmZTcyYTNjNGU5YmQ4ZjliMTBkNGMzM2E4MTgxNWJhOWZhZSw1eFk3a1dWbg%3D%3D>. The file should be submitted as a single PDF sending an email to [log in to unmask] For more information, visit mobilemuseum.tumblr.com<http://mobilemuseum.tumblr.com/>
Submission deadline: June 7, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: June 20, 2016
Workshop: September 12 or 13, 2016 (TBC)
Daniela De Angeli
Engineering Doctorate (EngD)
Centre for Digital Entertainment, University of Bath
National Trust, UK
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org