From:
Anke Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anke Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2015 19:03:28 +0200
Call for Papers: Workshop Accessible Interaction for Visually Impaired
People

Mensch und Computer 2015, September 7th 2015, Stuttgart

Improving access to information and technology for visually impaired
people is a significant challenge within the field of Human-Computer
Interaction. In the last decades assistive technology has helped
increasing the autonomy and quality of life of the 285 million visually
impaired people worldwide. Interactive technologies can support visually
impaired people in many tasks, such as navigation and wayfinding,
reading and writing, access to education, or even gaming. Still, many
websites and games are not designed and programmed to be accessible,
even with assistive technology.

In this workshop we want to bring together HCI researchers and
practitioners working on assistive technology for visually impaired
people and on accessible design methods and instruments for web
designers and programmers. We intend toidentify shared challenges and
common avenues for future work.

The following topics are –among others –of relevance for the workshop:

•Electronic Travel Aids and navigation systems

•Tactile and interactive geographic maps

•Access to written and graphical information

•Accessible wearable or/and mobile technologies

•Accessible Computer-Supported Collaborative Work

•Non-visual interaction techniques

•Tactile/haptic and auditory displays

•Audio-based games

•Accessible design and evaluation methods

•Web- and game design for visually impaired people

Papers and contributions

The workshop is a full-day workshopand will combine presentations and
subsequent discussions with a structured wrap-up session. We accept full
papers up to max. 6 pages for presentations of 15-20 minutes, and short
papers or contributions regarding prototype/system presentations of 2-4
pages and 10-15 minutes presentations. We highly encourage authors to
bring interactive prototypes or demonstrations to the workshop.

All papers need to be in the conference format and will be peer-reviewed
by at least two reviewers. Submissions should be send via EasyChair.
Preferred submission language is English. Accepted papers will be
published in the conference workshop proceedings of Mensch und Computer
2015. In addition, we plan to publish all papers and presentations as
well as a summary of the workshop and the key findings on the workshop
website and in an open archive such as CEUR-WS.org or HAL. Note that the
authors own the copyright of the accepted papers.

Important dates and links:

*Submissions:*14 June 2015

*Notifications:*22 June 2015

*Camera-Ready:*5 July 2015

*Workshop:*7 September 2015

Conference format and authors’guidelines:

http://muc2014.mensch-und-computer.de/mci/cfp/#autorenrichtlinien

Submission via EasyChair:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ai4vip

Workshop website:

http://www.tactileui.org

Workshop Organizers:

Martina Joisten, Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln, Germany

Mauro Avila, HCI Group, University of Stuttgart, Germany

Julie Woletz, Centre for Digital Cultures, Leuphana-University Lüneburg,
Germany

Limin Zeng, HCI Research Group, TU Dresden, Germany

Annika Fecke, Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln, Germany

Anke Brock, Inria Bordeaux, France

Sabine Jeleniowski, Rheinische Fachhochschule Köln, Germany