From:
"Eduardo E. Veas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eduardo E. Veas
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 2015 17:01:30 +0200
Dear colleagues,

Excuses for cross posting. We would like to direct your attention to
the Special Track at i-Know on Augmented Reality, "From visual
assistants to always-on multimodal knowledge access" which will be
held at Graz, Austria, 21-23 October 2015.

Please redistribute this announcement to those who might be interested.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Veas

Denis Kalkofen

Dieter Schmalstieg

*** Special Track @i-Know on Augmented Reality, From visual assistants
to always-on multimodal knowledge access

*** 15th International Conference on  Knowledge Technologies and
Data-driven Business

*** 21-23 October 2015, Graz, Austria

*** http://www.studierstube.org/iknow

*** http://i-know.tugraz.at/call-for-papers

=================================

==  SUBMISSIONS DUE

== ABSTRACT June 8, 2015

==  PAPER June 22, 2015

==  I-KNOW proceedings will be published by ACM ICPS

=================================

*AIM AND SCOPE*

Technological innovations continuously transform the way we reach for
and use knowledge.
With augmented reality (AR), interfaces are associated with physical
objects and the physical world turns into a user interface, which
results in extended
possibilities to naturally interact with complex systems. This
workshop concentrates on
how novel presentation metaphors in AR change the way we experience digital
augmentations in the context of the real world for a more immersive,
human acceptable
experience. The goal is to explore novel techniques that make the
perception of AR a
more human experience, that foster continuous use without hindering
the activities of
the user, that put knowledge within reach, so that users, while
accessing, gathering,
consuming digital knowledge, are not required to interrupt their activities.

*TOPICS*

We invite work in progress and contributions in the field of Augmented
Reality.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, MR/AR aspects of:

? Augmented Reality visualization metaphors in practice

? Interfaces and display devices that transform our perception of
Augmented Reality

? Multimodal experiences of augmentation (auditory, olfactory, haptics)

? Studies and evaluations of long term use of Augmented Reality

? Usability evaluations of Augmented Reality applications and technology

? Information filtering for Augmented Reality

? Information presentation and layout in Augmented Reality

? Cognition and perception in Augmented Reality

? System architectures

? Sensors and live data acquisition

? MR/AR applications

This special track will increase awareness of the state-of-the art in
augmented reality as
an interface that can be used continuously, as well as open new
avenues of research in
multimodal interfaces for a more immersive AR experience.

Participation is open to all attendees registering for i-Know, not
only to presenters of
papers. We explicitly invite non-research attendees to join us as well
to provide valuable
insight into commercial areas of interest and constraints.
Prepare your paper using the ACM SIG Proceedings template

[http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates] and
submit by sending

it via the EasyChair online submission system. Please find further
guidelines on
submitting your paper here
http://i-know.tugraz.at/i-science/submission-guidelines

Submissions will be reviewed and selected for presentation. Authors
will be notified of
the results and will receive instructions for submitting the final version.

*DATES*

The schedule for submission and notification is as follows:

Full Paper Submissions (8 pages)

* Paper Submission Deadline: June 22, 2015

* Notification of Acceptance: July 20, 2015

* Camera-Ready Paper: August 10, 2015

Poster & Demonstration Submissions (4 pages)

* Submission Deadline: June 22, 2015

* Notification of Acceptance: July 20, 2015

* Camera-Ready Version: August 10, 2015

**

Eduardo Veas (National University of Cuyo, Argentina)

Denis Kalkofen (Graz University of Technology, Austria)

Dieter Schmalstieg (Graz University of Technology, Austria)