From:
Sriram Subramanian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 09:32:50 +0100
We are organizing a really exciting workshop on Mid-Air Haptics and
Displays at CHI 2016. To help capture the proceedings of the workshop, we
are looking for someone to produce sketch notes live.

*About the Workshop:* Recent advances in haptics and display technologies
has meant that interaction designers can provide users with tactile
feedback in mid-air and display visual elements wherever the user needs
them without instrumenting the user in any way. This workshop aims to bring
together a group of researchers spanning across multiple facets of
exploring interactions with mid-air systems to discuss, explore, and
outline research challenges for this novel area. For more information on
this workshop, please visit http://interact-lab.com/mid-air/.

*Who are we looking for?* We are looking for one or two people to join our
workshop to help produce sketch notes live, to help capture the
imaginations and discussions of our fellow researchers. You need to be
attending CHI 2016 and be prepared to spend May 8th with us. If you already
produce visual notes as part of your research and you’re interested in
participating in our workshop, then please contact us.

*What do you get: *We will cover your workshop registration (not the entire
conference registration) AND reimburse you for your help.

*When is the workshop:* The workshop takes place on the 8th of May (Sunday)
during the CHI conference. This is a full day workshop that runs from 9am
to 5pm.

*Interested?* Please contact Sriram Subramanian with your portfolio to
discuss further.

Prof. Sriram Subramanian
School of Engineering and Informatics
University of Sussex