*** Apologies for multiple postings ***
RecSys 2015: CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
9th ACM International Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2015)
September 16-20, 2015, Vienna, Austria
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2015
RecSys 2015 is pleased to invite proposals for workshops to be held in
conjunction with the conference. The goal of the workshops is to provide
additional venues for discussing novel ideas as well as recent results
of research in progress in a relatively, small and focused groups,
providing an informal forum to discuss research questions and challenges
and get constructive feedback.
We encourage proposals for a wide range of workshops that encourage and
foster interactive discussion, including but not limited to:
- Working group meetings organized around a specific problem; such
workshops may wish to ask participants to submit a short white paper or
- One day mini-conferences on specialized topics; such workshops may
have their own paper submission and review processes.
- Mini-competitions or challenges around selected topics with individual
or team participation.
- Interactive discussion meetings focusing on a subtopic of recommender
We welcome proposals for half-day and full-day workshops.
We encourage you to contact us in advance with workshop ideas; we will
work with prospective workshop organizers to help them design successful
proposals. We actively encourage both researchers and industry
practitioners to submit proposals.
PROPOSAL FORMAT AND SUBMISSION
The workshop proposal should be a PDF document no more than 4 pages
long, submitted by e-mail to [log in to unmask] and organized
1. Workshop title
2. A short description of workshop – including the rationale for the
workshop and how/why it fits RecSys audience (this will be also used in
advertising workshop to prospective participants). This description
should include also the topic, format, and details about what type of
submission is requested from prospective attendees. It should not
include the title and organizers (all of which will be inserted by the
3. Name, email address, and affiliation for workshop chair(s) and a
brief description of their experience in organizing such events.
4. Requested duration (half day or full day), and maximum number of
5. Description of workshop activities. Outline how the workshop will be
organized and how the time will be spent. If the workshop is selective,
also outline the process of selecting participants.
6. Description of plans for promoting the workshop (aside from the
conference website and announcements, how will you let people know about
7. Plans for disseminating the results of the workshop (if any –
website/book/special issue etc).
8. History of prior workshops on this topic (if any).
- Workshop Proposals Submission: March 1st, 2015
- Workshop Proposals Notification: March 15th, 2015
- Workshop papers due: July 3rd, 2015
- Camera-ready workshop summaries due: July 23rd, 2015
- Tsvi Kuflik, University of Haifa, Isreal
- Alan Said, Recorded Future, Sweden
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org