Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 2015 05:36:50 +0000
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Fröhlich Peter <[log in to unmask]>
[our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CfP]

We are pleased to announce the following workshop offered in conjunction with the 11th international conference on Persuasive Technologies (PT16)

| Persuasive Technologies 2016 Workshop on:                            |
| Where are we bound for? Persuasion in Transport Applications         |
| Salzburg, Austria; Tuesday, April 5th, 2016                          |
| colocated with Persuasive Technologies (http://persuasive2016.org)   |
| Workshop website: http://www.pervasive.jku.at/Persuasive16/          |
| Submission deadline (position papers): Friday, January 29, 2016      |

-----------------------------| ORGANIZERS |-----------------------------
Andreas Riener, Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences, Germany Myounghoon Jeon, Michigan Technological University, USA Peter Fröhlich, AIT Austrian Institute of Technology, Vienna, Austria Alexander Meschtscherjakov, HCI Center, University Salzburg, Austria

------------------| IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE WORKSHOP |------------------
* Submission deadline: January 29, 2016
* Notification of acceptance: February 7, 2016
* Camera ready version due: February 21, 2016
* (Early) registration deadline (conference): February 26, 2016
* Workshop date: April 5th, 2016

Please feel free to contact the organizers at any time.

---------| OBJECTIVES: Persuasion in Transport Applications |-----------
The aim of this  workshop  is to bring  together people with interest in Persuasion and/or Automotive  research and to discuss, share  knowledge, and take  away insights, strategies, and  tips of how to  use persuasive technology to improve the driver-vehicle interaction loop.

---------------------------| WORKSHOP THEMES |--------------------------
Potential  topics to be  discussed at the  workshop include, but are not limited to:

I. Theories and Models

* Theories and  models in  Psychological, Cognitive,  Affective Sciences
  about 1) motives, rewards, incentives, reinforcements  and 2) behavior
  modification
* Theories and models in Affective Computing
* Theories and models in Positive Design/Technology/Computing
* Direction: Persuasion for long-term vs. short-term behavior adaptation
* Ethical issues: What is the direction of persuasion, who decides it?..
* Trust: persuasive technology or manipulative technology

II. Modalities and Strategies

* Speech-based dialogue between driver and car
* Implicit/subliminal/unobtrusive/ambient driver-car communication
* Multimodal interactions (visual, auditory, haptic, gestures, etc.)
* Reminder and preventive strategies
* Gamification of behavior modification technologies

III. Applications in Vehicle Environments

* Intelligent  Means  of Transportation: Promote fuel  effcient driving,
  Detect and  prevent or mitigate a) fatigue  driving, b) emotional dri-
  ving, c) use of mobile phone while driving
* Social Cars: Provide  collective  knowledge about  driving  skills and
  traffic pattern, Promote car pooling, etc.
* Autonomous Cars: Persuade  the driver  ased on  social networks (other
  people's  opinion), rather than  a  car,  Expand the  driver's  social
  abilities  by  initiating a contact with other real people, by using a
  car, Persuasive technology to support the transition between different
  levels of  control in  partial  automation, Application  of persuasive
  technology (serious games) to establish  cooperative self organization
  (i. e., lessen selfish behavior)

----------------------------| PARTICIPATION |---------------------------
Persuasive Technologies 2016 will offer (for the first time) free access to workshops. We also allow participants with  registration for the main conference to join our workshop.

The selection of workshop participants will be done by a review process.
To guarantee fair decisions, experts from the field of  persuasive tech- nology and/or driving research will serve as reviewers. Submissions need not to be anonymous. Final decisions of  accepting or  rejecting a paper will be made by  the  organizers  of the  workshop  based on the  review scores and with respect to  offering all workshop participants an inter- esting, diversified program.

Submissions  for the workshop are  required to adhere to the same format as the main conference (Springer LNCS, max. 6 pp.) and must  be uploaded to the submission system. We invite interested authors to submit  papers describing a crisp,  self-contained problem in the field of the workshop (=position  papers). Successful  submissions  will have the potential to raise  discussion,  illustrate  problems, provide  insights, or  provide potential solutions.

Submissions should be made electronically not later than January 29, '16 using the  paper submission system available here: <link provided soon>.
Please feel free to contact the organizers at any time.

Submissions need not to be  anonymous.  However,  reviews  will  be done anonymously using an evaluation form. Each paper will  receive  at least two reviews. All accepted papers  will  be published  online  before the beginning of the workshop.

Workshop website: <http://www.pervasive.jku.at/Persuasive16>
Contact: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

For more details see the workshop website!