From:
Yu ENOKIBORI <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yu ENOKIBORI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:41:14 +0900
Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the call for participation for MCSS 2015.

Please kindly forward this email to interested colleagues,
researchers, and scholars.

[ unsubscribe ]
Please send a mail from the address which have to be removed
to [log in to unmask] .
(Empty e-mail is OK)

Regards,
The 4th International Workshop on Mobile Systems for Computational
Social Science
(held in conjunction with ACM UbiComp 2015)

http://ares.smu.edu.sg/mcss15/
September 8, 2015, Osaka, Japan
Room B01, Grand Front Osaka

MCSS 2015 invites researchers, industry professionals, and students
from the globe for participation in its exciting program. MCSS 2015,
in its 4th edition, will be a highly vibrant and interdisciplinary
forum on the emerging intersections between mobile computing systems
and various social science disciplines. Its program will incorporate
diverse aspects of mobile systems for computational social science
including mobile system design, system technology, application, data
analysis (qualitative or qualitative), social experiments in mobile
environment, mobile crowdsourcing, as well as the human issues such as
social concerns and challenges in mobile human sensing. Particularly
this year, we aim to seed newer social perspectives, hopefully
facilitating fruitful discussion on less-explored intersections with
mobile computing.

The program will feature 3 inspiring keynote speeches and 8 exciting
paper presentations. The keynotes and papers are listed below; the
program details are available at:
http://ares.smu.edu.sg/mcss15/program.html

+++ Keynote Speeches +++

-Opening Keynote:
Gregory Abowd
(School of Interactive Computing,Georgia Institute of Technology)
“A New Generation of Computing and the Promise for New Social Interactions”

-Afternoon Keynote:
Moon Choi
(Graduate School of Science and Technology Policy, KAIST)
“Ubiquitous Computing in the Era of Longevity Revolution:
Opportunities and Challenges”

-Closing Keynote:
Mirco Musolesi
(Department of Geography, University College London)
“Big (and Small) Mobile Data for Social Good”

+++ Paper Sessions +++

Session 1: Mood and Well-Being

-“The Mobile Stress Meter: A New Way to Measure Stress Using Images”,
Sophia Haim, Rui Wang, Lorie Loeb, Xia Zhou, Andrew Campbell
(Dartmouth College)

-“SWAN: A Novel Mobile System to Track and Analyze Social Well-Being”,
Lu Luo, Jun Yang, Xuan Bao, Zhixian Yan, Yifei Jiang (Samsung Research
America)

-“Using Opportunistic Face Logging from Smartphone to Infer Mental
Health: Challenges and Future Directions”, Rui Wang, Xia Zhou, Andrew
Campbell (Dartmouth College)

-“How to Use Smartphones for Less Obtrusive Ambulatory Mood Assessment
and Mood Recognition”, Anja Bachmann, Christoph Klebsattel, Matthias
Budde, Till Riedel, Michael Beigl, Markus Reichert, Philip Santangelo,
Ulrich Ebner-Priemer (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)

Session 2: Experience Sampling in the Wild

-“Ask, But Don’t Interrupt: The Case for Interruptibility-Aware Mobile
Experience Sampling”, Abhinav Mehrotra, Jo Vermeulen (University of
Birmingham), Veljko Pejovic (University of Ljubljana), Mirco Musolesi
(University College London and University of Birmingham)

-“Impact of Experience Sampling Methods on Tap Pattern based Emotion
Recognition”, Surjya Ghosh, Niloy Ganguly (IIT Kharagpur), Pradipta De
(SUNY Korea), Vatsalya Chauhan,Bivas Mitra (IIT Kharagpur)

Session 3: Life Analytics

-“Candy Crushing Your Sleep”, Kasthuri Jayarajah, Meera Radhakrishnan,
Steven Hoi, Archan Misra (Singapore Management University)

-“Smartphone Based Estimation of Relative Risk Propensity for Inducing
Good Driving Behavior”, Arijit Chowdhury, Tanushree Banerjee, Tapas
Chakravarty, P. Balamuralidhar (TCS Innovation Labs)

Overall, we expect a dense, highly constructive program with diverse
perspectives complementing one another. We hope this advance
information would interest you and help you determining what you'd
expect from our workshop. We hope you can join us in MCSS 2015!

Best Regards,
Youngki Lee (Singapore Management University)
Inseok Hwang (IBM Research - Austin)
MCSS 2015 Program Co-Chairs