From:
Dmitri Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dmitri Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 13:56:35 -0400
Call for Participation
Ubicomp '16 Workshop on Ubiquitous Health

“Designing, Developing, and Evaluating the Internet of Personal Health”
http://www.IoPHealth.org

We are seeing the growth of wearable systems supporting people with the management of chronic health conditions. With the merger of mobile health, internet of things (IoT) technologies, and patient centric design, we are seeing the development of a new area we are calling the Internet of personal health (IoPH). These wearable networks of connected devices have the potential to offer contextually aware personal support, interactions, and advice.

The goal of this one-day event is to bring together those interested in developing these systems to:
(1) provide a platform for designing autonomy into these systems
(2) establishing a forum for discussion of technologies, techniques and measures of effectiveness
(3) building and extending the IoPH community.

We invite contributions of research on UX, interface design, user needs, methods, algorithms, and hardware/software for IoPH systems. Participants are welcomed from a range of disciplines including but not limited to: personal informatics, computing, HCI, medicine, engineering, interface design, cognitive sciences, interaction and experience design.

Authors are asked to submit a 4-page position paper in the SiGCHI extended abstracts format and supporting materials. Please send to [log in to unmask] by June 7, 2016. Papers may describe ongoing work, recent results, or opinions and approaches related to the workshop topics. Please include a short biography of the author(s), max. 150 words. Papers will be peer-reviewed and the organizing committee will select up to 20 participants according to relevance, diversity of opinions, and probability of creating dynamic discussion. If accepted, at least one author must register for the workshop and for one or more days of the Ubicomp 2016 conference. Papers will also be presented on the workshop website.