Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2016 09:38:13 +0000
Sender:
From:
David Kirk <[log in to unmask]>
On behalf of the organisers of the EPSRC-funded Balance Network<http://balancenetwork.bimserver2.com/>, we would like to invite you to attend our 'Beyond Balance' conference, to be held at the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) headquarters, in London, on Monday 27th June.

In this one-day event, the Balance Network is bringing together a community of academics and industry experts to feed back on activities and events that we have funded through the Balance Network and to discuss the future of living and working in a digital age.

We are also intending to discuss, at the event, our second funding call which was launched last week, with pots of up to 2.5k to enable UK academics to collaborate across institutes and with other sectors, to run seminar series, put together new research grant applications, and work on books or special issues on the themes of the network, such as: work/life boundaries, stress and technology, business travel, and supporting different sectors of the working population through technology. More details can be found here:
http://balancenetwork.bimserver2.com/index.php/news/item/75-funding-applications-for-2016-2017-opening-late-march-2016

We have provided further details of the Beyond Balance event below, do note the current early registration rate of only 10. Please do also consider joining our mailing list, for further details of network activities (sign up on our website home page<http://balancenetwork.bimserver2.com/> or by emailing [log in to unmask])

Best wishes,

Rosie Robison and Dave Kirk
(Balance Network)

------

BEYOND BALANCE: how digital technologies are affecting our work, our homes, and everything in between

Monday 27th June 2016, 9.30am-5pm
Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL

See here for further details and booking: Beyond Balance<http://balancenetwork.bimserver2.com/index.php/events/item/52-beyond-balance>

EVENT
- Open to researchers, postgraduate students, businesses, technology developers, policymakers, HR professionals, flexible workers, entrepreneurs and the media
- Hear about the latest research from network contributors across 16 UK universities
- Sessions are outputs of network activities running between November 2015-April 2016
- Interactive sessions include digital data collection and a design workshop
- Find out about Balance Network legacy funding of up to 2.5k

KEYNOTES
- Work/Life Symbiosis - Claire Fox (Global HR Director at Save the Children International and author)
- Against Productivity - Oliver Burkeman (author of the Guardian's This Column Will Change Your Life)
- Plus Welcome from IET president Naomi Climer

SESSIONS
- Mobile technologies & business travellers
- E-resilience: what's the solution?
- Material desires: design & WLB
- How to life-swap with personal data
- WLB, digital technologies and energy demand
- Reconceptualising work-life boundaries
- Crowdsourcing: prolonging working life
- Going 'off-grid': connectivity during travel

Early-Bird Registration rate of only 10 until April 30th, available here: web store