From:
Norbert Streitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2016 15:04:30 +0100
Call for Full Papers and Short Papers

|  2017 EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON AMBIENT INTELLIGENCE (AmI 2017) |
|       Towards a Smart and Human-Centered Internet of Things |
| |
|  26.-28. April 2017 - Málaga (Spain) - http://www.ami2017.eu   |

The 2017 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2017) has a
focus on the role of Ambient Intelligence “Towards a Smart and
Human-Centered Internet of Things”. It will take place in Málaga, Spain,
from 26-28 April 2017. We invite submissions of full papers and short
papers presenting original research. AmI 2017 is an interdisciplinary
venue for leading international researchers, designers, and
practitioners that present and discuss new results in Ambient Intelligence.

The Proceedings of the 2017 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence
(AmI 2017) will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in
Computer Science (LNCS) series. A volume with extended versions of
selected papers presented at AmI 2017 will be published by Springer in
the JCR-indexed Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission deadline:    23. December 2016
Author notification:    17. February 2017
Camera-ready deadline:   1. March 2017

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Program Co-Chairs
Andreas Braun, Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD &
Fraunhofer Ambient Assisted Living Alliance, Germany
Reiner Wichert, Center for Research in Security and Privacy CRISP, Germany

General Chair
Antonio Maña, Universidad de Málaga & Safe Society Labs, Spain

Honorary Chair
Norbert Streitz, Smart Future Initiative, Germany

Local Organization Chair
Hristo Koshutanski, Univ. de Málaga & Safe Society Labs, Spain

===========
FOCUS AREAS
===========

Enabling Technologies, Methods and Platforms

Sensors and Actuators, Reliability and Quality of Sensor Data,
Combination of Multiple Sensor Modalities, Indoor vs. Outdoor Tracking,
Interactive and Smart Materials and Physical Computing, Modelling
Context Awareness and Location-based Services, Machine Learning and
Artificial Intelligence in Smart Environments, Ambient Intelligence
Platforms and Multi-Agent System, Self-organization in Socially Aware
Ambient Systems, Emergent and Collective Ambient Intelligence,
Evaluation Methods and Techniques for Ambient Intelligence, Living Labs,
Context Laboratories, and Experiential Landscapes

Objectives and Approaches of Ambient Intelligence and Internet of Things

Human-Centred Design of Ambient Intelligence Environments,
Citizen-Centred Design and Civic Computing, User Requirements for
Ambient Intelligence Environments, Security and Privacy as a core theme
of Ambient Intelligence, Social Technologies and the Internet of Things,
Impact of Ambient Intelligence and IoT on Society

 From Information Design to Interaction and Experience Design

Multi-Modal/ Multi-Sensory Interaction, Tangible and Gesture-based
Interaction, Implicit vs. Explicit Interaction, Symmetric Interaction in
Real and Virtual worlds, Space-Time Dispersed Interaction, Crowd and
Swarm-based Interaction

Application Areas of AmI and IoT
================================

Industrial Internet - Industry 4.0, IoT and Logistics, Product Memory,
Sustainability and Fair Trade, Smart Homes as opposed to Smart Houses,
Ambient Assisted Living, Healthcare and Well-being, Personal Health and
Tele-monitoring, Smart Cities and Smart Airports, Media Façades and
Urban Computing, Hybrid Cities, Connected Cars and Autonomous Driving,
Pervasive Games in Hybrid Worlds, Immersive Entertainment Environments

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS

The papers must be anonymized to facilitate blind review. Authors are
encouraged to minimize any references that may reveal the identity of
the authors and their institutions. Relevant references to an author's
previous research should not be suppressed but instead referenced in a
neutral way. Submissions will be accepted and managed using EasyChair
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ami17). All papers will be
reviewed by at least three Program Committee members.
We invite to submit both Full Papers (max 16 pages) and Short Papers (6
pages) to be presented at the conference. Details can be found at our
homepage http://ami2017.eu/cfp/

Dr. rer.nat. Dr. phil. Norbert A. Streitz
Scientific Director
Smart Future Initiative

Web: http://www.smart-future.net
E-mail: [log in to unmask]