Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:36:29 +0900

  Rethinking Mobile Interfaces for Older Adults

  Special Interest Group (SIG) Meeting at CHI 2016

  Call for Participation

Do you ever face the situation where your grandmother and grandfather
struggle to use some technology?  Do you have a hard time telling them
what you are doing in mobile interface and why they should care about that?

This Special Interest Group meeting is all about embracing aging.  Aging
comes with certain decline in sensorimotor performance, but also with
many opportunities.  How can technology enhance and embrace the aging
process?  How can the CHI community better support older people?  Should
we extend the current practice or should we completely rethink our
approaches?

The intention of this SIG is to raise the awareness, synthesize the
state-of-the-arts, and decide future directions in senior-centered
computing research.  Our meeting provides a forum of visionaries,
researchers, and practitioners in HCI and other interdisciplinary areas
e.g. accessibility, gerontology, psychology, neuroscience etc. to design
mobile interfaces.

Everybody is cordially invited to participate to the in-person meeting,
which is going to take place during the main conference of CHI 2016 in
San Jose:

Thursday, May 12, 14:30 - 15:50, Room number - 112

No prior registration is required.

Looking forward to seeing you all in San Jose next month!

== Organizers ==

* Neil Charness, Florida State University
* Mark Dunlop, University of Strathclyde
* Cosmin Munteanu, University of Toronto Mississauga
* Emma Nicol, University of Strathclyde
* Antti Oulasvirta, Aalto University
* Xiangshi Ren, Kochi University of Technology
* Sayan Sarcar, Kochi University of Technology
* Chaklam Silpasuwanchai, Kochi University of Technology